1jz dies when coming to a stop

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Hey guys, this is for my brothers car.
When i drive the car it dies usually when I am slowing down and my foot is off the accelorator coming to a stop. It doesn't show any codes so i don't know whats up. It won't hold idle basically.
Now When it does die, i can start it back up and it will idle again.
Another thing is it idles rough. And lower then it should be. Any help on this issue guys?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Have you tried raising the idle up a bit? Also there is a vacuum line that is suppose to raise the idle up when turning so it doesn't die. You can check that as well. I wish I was more help, but I haven't had too many problems with mine other than blowing it up and powersteering rack..........which is enough of a problem.

What does it idle at?

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
suprahero;1271649 said:
Have you tried raising the idle up a bit? Also there is a vacuum line that is suppose to raise the idle up when turning so it doesn't die. You can check that as well. I wish I was more help, but I haven't had too many problems with mine other than blowing it up and powersteering rack..........which is enough of a problem.

What does it idle at?
it idles around 550, but today at idle it was at 650.

homeskillet305

Sep 11, 2008
Miami, FL
it should idle around 800, if you choose to rasie the idle with the little throtte stop screw on the throtte body make sure to readjust the tps. there is also a diaphragm under the tb that slows down the throtte plate when you abruptly let off the gas you should make sure it's working properly it's also adjustable. i also suggest cleaning the iacv while your at it.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
homeskillet305;1271711 said:
it should idle around 800, if you choose to rasie the idle with the little throtte stop screw on the throtte body make sure to readjust the tps. there is also a diaphragm under the tb that slows down the throtte plate when you abruptly let off the gas you should make sure it's working properly it's also adjustable. i also suggest cleaning the iacv while your at it.

I won't raise it like that, it won't fix the problem for me, i figure if i raise it it still will do it as it can hold it's own idle and warm up, just after going for a drive then clutching in, it will die. I tried these suggestions to no avail. Any other ideas guys?