1jz coolant flow questions

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
this motor is in a track car which has gone single turbo and kept as simple as possible... as such the metal tube that runs right around the motor has been removed, therefore ive got all these ports exposed and i dont know if the flow is comming or going. what can i block off and what ports must i have hoocked up so that the colant flows through the head properly

cheers

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
disturbed1;1501036 said:
anyone?............... IJ??

On the exhaust side:
the two in the upper right of your 2nd picture are the stock twins feed lines. The purple one circled is the front turbo return and the back turbo return is not shown in your picture but it T's off of the main coolant return line (removed from your engine) and returns to where you have pictured in orange.
Hope that helps a little.

Loose Seal

Cressy Lurker
Feb 5, 2008
Midwest
I did the same thing. Take that big U pipe, hack it off and weld in the hole of the flange so you can bolt it on and seal the back of the water pump (orange circle). Makes things easy.

I wasn't entirely sure on most of these at the time I did it, so I just capped them all and clamped them down. You can get assorted size caps at NAPA.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Anyone have a pic/diagram of the coolant lines on the intake side of the block (1JZ)? Basically missing the multiple-metal-line thing that runs underneath the intake. Having to figure out the vacuum and coolant routing today... so far....

Coolant:
1. Nipple towards front of block (beside PS) goes to the throttle body front coolant nipple.
2. 2nd coolant nipple on TB goes to...... IACV 1st nipple, or the oil cooler??
3. IACV 2nd nipple goes to nipple on pipe which wraps around the block (is there a port there like on the 2JZ)?

It has the stock twins and I will need to also hook up the vacuum lines, including the one VSV under the intake, tho the diagram I have shows 2 VSVs.

Thanks in advance (and for the oppty to say nipple a lot ;-).