1jz code 31 map sensor

supra1jz

Apr 14, 2008
Auburn, Georgia, United States
Here is the problem im having with my 1jz. I just got my ecu back from DM from repair so i plug it in and it will not let the car stay on or rev really low before i sent it out the car rev fine at 750 and just would not rev passed 3.5k to 4k so i sent it out to repair.Now with it repaired will not run so what i had to do was unplug my Apexi NEo and the car will rev fine so i checked for codes i first got a code 21 witch was 02 sensor so i fxed that now i just got the code 31 map sensor i checked to see if i am getting power to the map and i am tomorrow i will see how to check continuity to make sure its not a wire that is bad.so i am look for a bit of help with this.

my setup is
550cc
61mm turbo
apexi neo
avcr
255 welpro

Last edited:

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
I don't think you need a fcd if your afc is tunned correctly. How boost are you making. I would put it all back to stock aqnd start their. I got a little off. . We also need to know what harness u have to say what pin is for the map

But on a side note. I run no fcd and car makes 23 psi with no cut. Till 5th I get cut at 17. Sorry off .topic again

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Ck to makes sure the hose is not broke at the map.. and that their is no broken wires at the map.. or where the clamp was.. sometimes the nipple will break off of the map

1James

Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Bay Area, CA
supra1jz;1886316 said:
Ok i check the vac line and replaced it but I think I thought I was to leave the stock 7m map sensor hooked up and I never unplugged it as soon as I get home I will unplug it and see what it does.

The 7M boost pressure sensor (on the driver's side near the shock tower) is only for the in-dash boost gauge.