1jz code 14 diagnostic steps

ANDR3AS

Jul 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was just wondering if the diagnostic steps were the same for code 14 on a 1jzgte as the 2jzgte non vvt?
and if so what are the most common parts that need to be replaced as I have a tweed harness
thx for the help

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
A tweed harness must look very fashionable in the engine bay.
Yes the troubleshooting is the same as the 2J.
How is the car running?

ANDR3AS

Jul 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It look very nice! And it takes me a while to start but when it does idles at about 500-900 rpm smooth. It won't let me rev it I assume it is the code causing that because I got a new throttle position sensor(had a code for that to...now gone) so kinda lost now

Sent from my C625a using Tapatalk

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
You should adjust the TPS as per the TSRM.
What injectors are you running. I had 440's on mine with stock ECU and it took awhile to start. Put the 370's back in and it fires right up.

ANDR3AS

Jul 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
got the stock injectors in the car it was a bad CTS that was giving me the cold start troubles still doesn't want to rev though, so That was going to be my next step when I have time is adjust the tp sensor. and I will let you know how it goes but it!

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
No, Cam and Crank sensors would be a code 12 or 13 . You are getting a code 14 which is ignition. The troubleshooting steps are here.
http://www.supracentral.com/foundation/mkiv-tsrm/troubleshooting-2jz-gte/

scroll down to EG-519 and troubleshoot with that.
You will have to verify that all the wires read good nothing open or shorted to each other or ground and that they are going to the right pins. There isn't too much with this code.

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
Does it fire up ok then Idle without issue then die when you give it throttle? if so check the Map sensor. got the same issue with mine, it will stumble hesitate then die if you give it throttle, disconnect the electrical connector on the map sensor and it will rev up to around 3k with light throttle