1JZ Build..HKS...Greddy..ACT..Chrome..You Might Like It.Dont Hate :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Dedication. That's something man. You have no ideal how down I was when I saw that leak and to have pull everything out again and take off the pipe, get it fixed, plus have to save up for a standalone when all it was the fuel pressure being too high. Yeap, that's headache after headache, but I hope the drive will be rewarding. Trying to register it soon. :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
UPDATE:

Fix the interior lights, the rheostat was turned all the way down. Thank Steve

The Fan clutch is not working properly, I bought it new from Aaron at DriftMotion and I called, so he will do a refund once I send it back. It was the second one I bought from him, one was defective, so I just picked up a GTE one at my parts store and will be installing that. I could hold it back with my pinky finger while the car is running after driving. :-/

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
hvyman;1744399 said:
Rich condition was just fuel pressure? What was it at?

My motor has 264 cams, and the DM Dampner bypass line. Since the HKS 264 cams are really aggressive and it caused my vacuum reading a idle to go to -14 at operating temperature.

I had the fuel pressure set to 40PSI with the motor off and it didn't change much when it had vacuum, so I called Aaron and he said to lower the fuel pressure to 27, where it should be, and sure enough it worked.

I am guessing since it is the improved flow from the SS lines and the higher fuel pressure caused it all.

If I raise it up again, it runs rich, I lower it, it runs fine. Now I rev and it does not go lean or rich, nice and clean. :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Wonder - When I break in the motor and throw in my Alphi Rail, ID1000 and dual bosch setup.

New issue - When I hit the brake all the way, the engine tries to stall, I am guessing it is the one way check valve?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Look what my old man got me. Mine are super worn.

:D

a6898b21-0d5e-5f21.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
O, just great.

Car was idling and guess what, it started to smoke. White smoke. Checked oil cap, clean. Dip stick, clean. Oil, clean. Compression tested, good.

Smokes only when hot.

I am lost at what to do now. Yeap, and I took a sledge to the quarter panel already before mechanics stopped me. So much money and this fuckin' happens.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Man that sucks you took a sledge to your quarter panel...How much smoke are we talking about? Can you get a video possibly? I mean I dont understand why its white but smells like oil? Not to freak you out but only time ive seen this is with a cracked head.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It doesn't overheat, so a cracked head would cause that. It seems white to me but when I disconnected the exhaust and let it run straight from the down pipe, you could see the hint of blue.

I changed it from 10-30 to 10-40 and it eased up.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Yes I would be concerned with the turbo as well, maybe pull the downpipe off and see if there is oil in the turbine?

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
yeah check that as I saw in the pics it had a pretty big bend in it also make sure it doesnt need an oil restrictor as if the turbo is ball bearing they require lower pressure or else they blow out the seals!