1JZ Build..HKS...Greddy..ACT..Chrome..You Might Like It.Dont Hate :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I fixed the boost gauge and sent money back to the seller.

This weekend, I worked on the 2JZ car. It needed to have the bumper mounted. The idiot before me cut off the bumper part of the chassis to mount an intercooler. The car was never hit, they just cut the chassis with an hacksaw to mount an intercooler.

I had a parts car that I cut the three inches off to weld back on the car. The car will be repainted this week as well. Then I will clean the interior and polish the rims.

Before
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
Wow awesome build,The only way it could look any better is in my garage!! Props on being honest an sending the guy his money back after you fixed it. It is very nice to know there are still honest people out there. I may have missed it but what are you looking at HP wise?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I sent the money back because I am a believer that it is bad luck to put stolen parts on your car. Sure, I paid for it, it was not working right, reset the gauge and had a vacuum source before before giving it the switched source and it worked, so even though the guy refuned my money because I told him it was faulty and did not complain about refunding me, I sent the money back. All he asked for was a picture of what the gauge was doing.

I just refunded a guy on here yesterday because the Post Office lost the calipers I sold to him. I always insure over a tracking number.

I am only shooting for 300HP. :)

I did not do anything this weekend on the car that this build was for because I had to get the 2JZ car done because it was like that since last Summer. Hopefully this weekend I will get back to working on the blue car.

If anyone has a mint 89+ front, I would gladly take it. I would prefer pick up, if not, I plan on getting a new bumper from the dealer since I already have 89+ lights and grill.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
87M-GTE;1686725 said:
Duh. Winning!

Looks good man, keep up the good work

Thanks. Wait until you see my turbo. It is not the conventional 1JZ 6262, 6265, 67XX. :)

I have recieved a lot of PM's asking about what power levels I am trying to get to. I am only looking for 300HP. :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Just ordered my 3 gauge pod today, so I should get that sometime next week.

Since the red car is basically finished and waiting on paint, should be today or tomorrow, I can finally start back on my blue hardtop.

Friday Afternoon I plan on filling, sanding, prime and paint the engine bay. I have to secure the body harness under the radiator support and paint my subframe as well.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Today

I was busy so I did not get any work done but I unpacked some of my parts to get them ready for tomorrow and here are more polished parts pictures. Hopefully I can get the engine bay finished, it is has been long overdue.

Toyota 1JZ Oil Cooler Hoses
sm_photo_missing.jpg

1JZ Oil Filter Housing O-Ring (Not In Gasket Set)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Nipple For Twins Blocked Off
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New Tial BOV
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

AEM Wideband
sm_photo_missing.jpg

89+ Non Turbo Cluster Not An Fan Of The 87-88 Style
sm_photo_missing.jpg

How Does 000,000 Sound?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Polished Intake Manifold
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
IBoughtASupra;1687942 said:
Today

I was busy so I did not get any work done but I unpacked some of my parts to get them ready for tomorrow and here are more polished parts pictures. Hopefully I can get the engine bay finished, it is has been long overdue.

Toyota 1JZ Oil Cooler Hoses
sm_photo_missing.jpg

1JZ Oil Filter Housing O-Ring (Not In Gasket Set)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Nipple For Twins Blocked Off
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New Tial BOV
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

AEM Wideband
sm_photo_missing.jpg

89+ Non Turbo Cluster Not An Fan Of The 87-88 Style
sm_photo_missing.jpg

How Does 000,000 Sound?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Polished Intake Manifold
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Thats a really nice manifold.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I was going through the parts I have and I looked at the short shifter. I have a C-Short Shifter! No wonder when I drove the car into the shop, I was trying to force the car into first and it was already in first and shifting to second was super short. Nice!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Made one last post in the SP section on SupraForums to see if I get a response from Ried about pricing the package and if I can get a universal harness.

Gurley, your friend used a pin kit or a universal harness to wire in his JZ? I really want a harness so I can have new wires again. My 1JZ harness is in great shape for it's age and use but I just like new wires for peace of mind.

Last edited:

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
IBoughtASupra;1686727 said:
Thanks. Wait until you see my turbo. It is not the conventional 1JZ 6262, 6265, 67XX. :)

I have recieved a lot of PM's asking about what power levels I am trying to get to. I am only looking for 300HP. :)

Don't mean to be a smart ass but why would you spend over 12k on a car to only make 300hp if you're utilizing and aftermarket fuel and turbo setup.

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
Gotcha lol guess that went over my head. Really like what you've done to the engine and especially the engine bay. keep up the good work.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
So I went to install my turbo setup today. Had fitment issues that pissed me off. Had to widen some holes to get it to fit. That took two hours, every fucking hole had to be widen and fixed.

Got that done, then I went to put the QSV on and I had to widen the manifold ports so the valve would open perfectly, got that done and it was getting late.

Here is what two hours got me. :(
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After widening to fit the QSV.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Tomorrow, I am going to make the ports nice and square. Then I will be taking my turbo cover to get the outlet ported out since it has an elbow on it and there is a piece that can be ground down.

More pictures tomorrow, full turbo setup should and hopefully bolted on. I have fitment issues but that always happen on these kind of builds. Also have to get longer bolts at Home Depot tomorrow as well.

Last edited: