1JZ almost like a rev limit

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
I am having an issue with when I hit full boost. Normally I always though it was the rev limit. At this time i have swtich it from 16 bls to 13 to 10 bls does the same thing when I hit full throttle and about 4 - 5 k I let go hit it again and does it. It comes and goes. This car has been threw hell and back not been start for a very long time new gas in it after a year. I my self was thinking fuel injector plugged or something alot those lines. Any one have any ideas?

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
see fuel cut would be it if i was hitting like above and beyond what i was using b4 no matter how much boost i go to do it does the same thing like I said 10 - 13 - 16

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
we checked for leaks and stuff the boost gauge is reading correctly and none of the lines are off looking under hood everything seems in place it sounds just like hitting the rev limit.

Would a FCD fix you think>

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
NO. Fc is there to save you. Its a good thing to have...Id make sure all the clamps are tight and all hoses are tight. Could have a small leak that still allows you to see boost.

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
well i have checked all of that. I have had this problum before a long time ago and it went away. It is a internal bof would it be built up with carbon ?

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
i beleave it is bov and my friend said the wastegate is prolly sticking open but it dont make sense if it was i would be getting alot more boost