1JZ/2JZ Shim underbuckets

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Anyone have any information on JZ shim underbucket caps? Part number for any interchangable pieces? I've searched over on SF and here with only 7M information.

Thank you.

Jeff

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
I think shims off one of the motorcycles fit, read it awhile ago in a old thread on SF. I'll see if I can dig up the info.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I think it's the 1ZZ buckets from the MRS that fit the JZ engine. Lighter in weight too.

The motorcycle shims are from a R1 Yamaha, early 90's models, but they have limited sizes.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i know this is hella old, but some people do search and thus what im doing.

im looking for information on shim under bucket's for 7m engine's.

i swear i read some thing at one point in time.

So if any one has info please post it so it's w/ freshly bumped material.

Also. i just got off the phone w/ Mark and was talking about shim under buckets.

he was telling me the 2j guy's were using 1zz valve buckets. he called them shimless buckets.

they are avaible in many different sizes. but do not use any shims.

he also tell's me some people just but a thick size, and take the head to the machine shop and let them assemble and adjust valve clearence.

I would like to use shim's still under the bucket to adjust my clearence.

i had thought about modifing the stock 7m buckets to work like shim under buckets, but have been advised the valve bucket's aren't hardend and would likely wear, or not work as planned. Exspecaily w/ brand new BC cams.

i thought what i remembered from the old thread i cant find was to take the shimless buckets from a newer v8, and purchase 24 of the thinest they have avaible, and then use stock shim's between the valve spring retainer and the under side of the bucket. and find the correct clearence's with alot of pain staking part swaping and torque sequencing.

thanks guys.