1JZ/2JZ Parts, what can i do with them?

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I was reading a bit on a few threads related to 1.5jz builds and Im still stumped with my current situation here. I was given a 2jz-ge block that has completely been rebuilt, block and head have been cleaned, crank was micropolished, block was decked and honed out, new pistons, rings and bearings with OEM new connecting rods in it, head surface resurfaced. Now the head is a 1jzgte head, includes the intake manifold and turbo manifolds with a Soarer 1jz harness. Ive read a few threads saying it wont work, and some saying it will work, i would just need a thicker head gasket to lower compression ratio due to the N/A pistons. Now what I really want to know is what complications will I run into, and would this even really be possible to do? There was only one thread that was helpful but I am still having a lot of doubts in the back of my mind, input would be great guys, thank you!

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
That's what I was thinking too, just kinda wasteful for them to get brand new n/a pistons on them. Besides that are there any concerns that I should be worried about? I know I need the TT oil pump so it has the crank angle sensor provision as well as the crank timing gear. It's already a rear sump and the 1j head is complete minus sensors and injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk