1jz, 1.5jz, 2jz-gte, 2jz na-t

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
Im trying to figure out which route would be the best for me. Let me start off by saying im an 18 year old college student, on a budget. Ive wanted to go 2J since i got my first supra about 2 years ago. I do not have a garage or driveway to work on my car, so im always using other peoples to work on my car....the reason my last project failed, but i plan on renting a garage when i do the swap. Ive decided i have had it with putting money into a car i dont plan on keeping. Ive been looking for a clean shell for a while and cant seem to find the perfect one. This car will be a dd and must be reliable. I of course want to swap a 2jz-gte in but its expensive and requires more work so that pretty much rules it out. I know the sell 1j clips on here for 3k + shipping, but i feel if im gonna go 1j i should just stay 7m. Or buy the clip and get a 2j bottem end, does it matter if its ge or gte? Also ive become very interested in going na-t. And i like the fact that you can use 7m electronics because im no expert in wiring. I would probably use a masterpower t 70. I was thinking of buying the motor and accessories before i do the swap/find a car to get it all together. What do you guys think, money, reliability, and difficulty wise.

Feb 28, 2008
North Babylon, New York
lol you already kno answer lol just go 2j lol and you kno if you need help doin the swap i'll be glad to help my boy with the white ef civic we just finished swaping in his 1j and we did all the wiring for it and it was a soarer harness to make shit more difficult for us lol but just part everything together i've told you before the 1j swap is easier but a 2j would be nice buy a 1j and put a 2jzge bottom on it and you should be happy

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
wolf31685;1439926 said:
lol you already kno answer lol just go 2j lol and you kno if you need help doin the swap i'll be glad to help my boy with the white ef civic we just finished swaping in his 1j and we did all the wiring for it and it was a soarer harness to make shit more difficult for us lol but just part everything together i've told you before the 1j swap is easier but a 2j would be nice buy a 1j and put a 2jzge bottom on it and you should be happy

thanks man im gonna need help lol, i see his car at school all the time but i never see him, he parked next to me once so i waited to see if he came out n never did lol. i really wanna go 2jz-gte but i feel like its gonna be too much money, and end up like andrew(detonation666) and hate supras haha, sorry andrew. but do u think i should buy a 1j clip out of a mk3? cause itll all just bolt right in, and if i did buy a ge bottom end what head gasket would i use? and yo i didnt kno u live in north babylon, i work at autozone right off 109.

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
Perhaps the most cost efficent way would be to do a 2j NA-T. I've heard of people using the 7m harness on the na 2j then using a turbo kit off ebay...

link here

But at the same time, you should be saving for a new turbo.

If it were me though, I'd go 2jz-gte. :naughty:

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
Mastapip;1439976 said:
Perhaps the most cost efficent way would be to do a 2j NA-T. I've heard of people using the 7m harness on the na 2j then using a turbo kit off ebay...

link here

But at the same time, you should be saving for a new turbo.

If it were me though, I'd go 2jz-gte. :naughty:

i want to go gte but i dont think ill be able to do it money wise

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
OneJArpus;1440491 said:
wait til you got the money then do it :) Unless there is something else that will prevent it.

so your saying just save and go gte? if i do this ill have to drive a pos around for the next year probably. lol.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
I'll put my vote in for 2jzge NA-T on 7M electronics :) My initial swap (pre-E85 fuel system etc.) ran me less than $4k including a clutch, exhaust, and some other non-swap specific stuff and was a blast at 8psi on stock fuel. The 2j runs well off the 7M electronics and with E85 and a beefed up fuel system my car put down 533rwhp/497tq at 22psi and has held up well to me beating on it at that power level for quite a while...

There are some benefits to the gte swap, but for the money you can't beat the NA-T on 7M electronics, especially considering the fact that you'd probably replace the stock twins on a gte with a single anyways!

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
dok33;1441888 said:
I'll put my vote in for 2jzge NA-T on 7M electronics :) My initial swap (pre-E85 fuel system etc.) ran me less than $4k including a clutch, exhaust, and some other non-swap specific stuff and was a blast at 8psi on stock fuel. The 2j runs well off the 7M electronics and with E85 and a beefed up fuel system my car put down 533rwhp/497tq at 22psi and has held up well to me beating on it at that power level for quite a while...

There are some benefits to the gte swap, but for the money you can't beat the NA-T on 7M electronics, especially considering the fact that you'd probably replace the stock twins on a gte with a single anyways!

Your build and hottscennessey's were the reasons i considered going na-t, so i have a few questions to ask you :). Before you went e85 you had a stock fuel system? Did you dyno your car when you were on 8psi? Is the masterpower a reliable turbo for dd? And did the car run as if the motor were supposed to be in the car? Sorry for all the questions i just wanna make sure if im going na-t or not lol.