1j valve trains

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
Anyone know where to find a complete 1jz valvetrain? Tons of searching has turned up only bits and peices. I can't find anything that seems to be justafiable to by. prices are extremely high. I am probably going to leave the stock valvetrain for the time being. If i leave the stock valvetrain how high would you rev a 1j? I no stock they stop making power about 7g. But i am doing a full bolt on performance upgrade. I have heard people reving stock bottom ends to 9-10K rpm. How far can you push the topend? I pushed my car to 7600 rpm when it had only a boost controller. Not to sure why the rev limiter didnt kick in. i thought it was set for 7200 rpm. if sumting goes, what will it be?
I am also going to be running crower 272 cams.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
use all the 2jz stuff(spring's,retainer's,keeper's,shim's).use the valve's too,if you want to spend some money on the head work.

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
tsuper92 said:
mtr has some good price's,wish i would have found them earlier

ehh they have descent prices, nothing i would brag on, im sure somethings could be located a lil cheaper, like the motor mount adapters that BIC sells, but yes. they have a big sellection.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
tsuper92 said:
use all the 2jz stuff(spring's,retainer's,keeper's,shim's).use the valve's too,if you want to spend some money on the head work.

So if i went down to my machine shop and told then to redo the head with 2jz parts it would work? is everything swapable?

How does mtr site help me with a valvetrain? Yes they sell alot of parts but they dont have valvetrains. good looking site tho. Gota love that $800 fuel kit.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Going with large core or small core 272's?

Even the large core 272's were revved over 8,000rpms on the stock valvetrain. I upgraded to the Crower 2JZ springs which are rated to 9,000rpms, but I suspect they can go higher.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
small core cams. If i overrev the stock springs will i just float valves? I only realy want to be able to rev to 8000 rpm. will stock valvetrain handle that with small core 272's?

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
jz*supra said:
How does mtr site help me with a valvetrain? Yes they sell alot of parts but they dont have valvetrains. good looking site tho. Gota love that $800 fuel kit.

umm cams.. that's part of the valve train last i checked..

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
jz*supra said:
Anyone know where to find a complete 1jz valvetrain?
Complete was the key word. I also stated i am going to be running crower 272 cams.
i was looking for a kit that included valves, springs, retainers, and so on. Every part other than the cams. Some sites have valves, sum have springs, but i can not find a site that has it all. But i am only going to be swapping the cams now and leavin the rest alone. Moneys getting tight.
thanks anyway.

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
jz*supra said:
Complete was the key word. I also stated i am going to be running crower 272 cams.
i was looking for a kit that included valves, springs, retainers, and so on. Every part other than the cams. Some sites have valves, sum have springs, but i can not find a site that has it all. But i am only going to be swapping the cams now and leavin the rest alone. Moneys getting tight.
thanks anyway.

unless u have a domestic V8 i doubt u will find a "package" all deal here in america, unless it is ava in Japan, after all a 1J is a Asian/Aussie and neighboring countrys. not here in the us of a. guess your just gonna have to piece one together

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
jz*supra said:
So if i went down to my machine shop and told then to redo the head with 2jz parts it would work? is everything swapable?

i didn't suggest mtr for the valvetrain,that was someone else.i'm using 2jz spring's,retainer's from crower and 2jz shim's from toyota.if you don't believe me ,do some more research

XTREMESUPRA

Oct 2, 2006
CHICAGO
i have a complete package i have a set of custom valves being made for the 1j the 2j valve are alittle longer than the 1j. i have 1mm oversize valves, springs and retainers

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
XTREMESUPRA said:
i have a complete package i have a set of custom valves being made for the 1j the 2j valve are alittle longer than the 1j. i have 1mm oversize valves, springs and retainers

again.. there is no "package deal" to buy it all up at once

XTREMESUPRA

Oct 2, 2006
CHICAGO
i have them already made just waitin for shipment i have a performance shop in chicago and i have the springs and retainer in stock just waiting for valves so i will be sellin a package