1J swap

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Well looks like Ill be doing another swap. My 1J overheated when I left it idling outside a shop for less than 10 minutes then the next day it burned oil when I arrived at work. It had oil smoke coming from the exhaust. Going home that night it was fine but the temp outside was only around 100 while going to work it it was closer to 120.
Today I drove to the gas station and when I got home it was smoking again with an ambient temp of around 115 outside.
I checked the turbo outlet and it looked normal and none of the plugs are fouled so next step is compression test.
If I swap the only option here in Kuwait is a chaser or soarer 1J. I know about the pan and pick up that will have to be swapped but will my JZ harness hook right up to it?

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
i think if its a supra 1jz it wont hook up to the ecu cause the the soarer ecus are four pin row while the supra is 2 if i remember correctly

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Yes I know about the rows, I was asking if My harness will hook up to a soarer or chaser.
I took it for an hour drive after work from 2:15 to 3:15 Am when the temp outside was only 95 and it didn't burn oil. Ill try again at around noon when it will be closer to 120 and see what happens.