1j runing rough

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
So i did my timining belt had it set TDC. Found two wires that came lose from the very front and very back injector from the 2j restior. wiered them back together. Then i do to start car and will only run when foot is on gas and as soon as it comes off it shuts down. Any idea's what it could be.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
any codes? my 1j did a similar thing when I first swapped it in. that was of coarse because I didn't have a map sensor. probably not your problem but codes would still help.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
if the check engine light is on then there will be codes stored. what you need to do then is:

1. turn the car off
2. connect the te1 and e1 plugs in the diagnosis plug located on the intake manifold
3. turn the key to on.

at this point the check engine light will flash. count how many times it flashes then there will be a pause followed by more flashing. ex: flash...flash...flash........flash flash. would mean you have code 32. pay attention because there may be more then one code.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
yep here is one. the white arrows point to the plugs. so I take it the check engine light IS on? cuz if its not this really wont do anything for you.

Attachments

• howto006.jpg
    howto006.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 14