1j head torque drop?

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Hey fellas so I did some tuning last night on my powerfc. Here's what I came up with.

This is stock 2jgt block, stock 1j head with usdm 2j cams.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

It drops off severely up top is that about right or what? If that's it I'm fine with it as I don't wanna spend for a new intake mani. It's also cool to have low end torque :)

I think some cams might solve this but I'm worried about the stock intake man/TB. If anyone can post some numbers with stock intake stuff it'd be great. Thanks again.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Cams... Did you ever look at my cam gb dyno,, look at the tq on the and how it falls off after 6k. then look at the 264 and look how little it falls. 140 HP more then the stocks at 7800 RPM.

Stock cams only really breath to 6500 like the stock Redline of the 2jz.

Adding cams to that will help you breath. Since you are going to 8k i'd say you need a set of 272's

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have a built head with Zazzn's cams and upgraded springs and retainers and I only rev to 7300rpm...............I'm such a pussy!!!!!!!

Definately buy some cams if you have the money.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
yeah I think these 2j cams arent cutting it. The turbo is still making boost up top but yeah it's getting close. That analogue 1 graph is thew boost. I think it's pretty errastic because I have mbc. Powerfc is radical though. I think with boost control kit this turbo should make 18psi everywhere.

For those with cams did you lose any low end tq?

So whats the cheap cam for this?