1g-gte question.

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
JHOT Japanese Imports of Augusta has up for auction a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Engine & Transmission Set from a Toyota Chaser with a GX71 chassis. This M/T 1G-GTEU twin turbo engine set comes with only the pieces shown in the pictures. We recommend that this item be used as a parts engine. The cam shaft is bad. It comes with ECU with wiring harness. The main wiring harness bundle is complete and uncut to the ECU but some of the branch wiring may have been cut in order to remove the wiring from the chassis. It has approx. 82,020 miles on it. This engine is used and is being sold 'As Is'. CJ

that is what it says. Is this a easy fix, it is locally near me and i need a engine and this would be a great pick up would it not? I am just wondering as i am a newb to these things. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is a repost but i just cant find any info on 1g-gte's here on supramania for some reason, its all 1jz and 7m. What type of power do these put out by the way because a 2.0 in a 3500+ pound car is not looking good :( lol.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
1g-gte never came to the states so..... so u have to find all the parts in japan...
i think it pulls 185 -200 hp i for got....

i dunno i think i'd just stay with the 7m...
pm godspeed... or look at his profile and look at his threads....
he has a 1g-gte and i think he's selling it by raffling it off....
and his 1g is running like 210 hp and 203 tq i think ....he has a vid on it..