1997 Honda Integra

HRubss

Apr 16, 2015
DMV
Hello all! I am a noob from the east coast. Unfortunately I do not have a Supra at the moment (because I was dumb to not look for one). I joined the forum because I want to become a mechanical engineer in the near future and I want to specialize in engines so I figured it would be smart to join forums other than Honda related to learn something or two about different manufacturers. I specifically wanted to join a Supra forum because the engineering for the 2JZGTE is just outstanding. I will be browsing through people's build thread to learn more about Toyota's engineering. I plan on getting an MK3 Supra for my next car, the 7MGTE or 1JZGTE would be perfect for me.

I currently have a Honda Integra, yes I know it's called Acura in the States but I like taking it back to its roots. I removed almost all of the Acura badges that I know of and converted them to Honda. I'm not sure you all know anything about Honda's so I'll just show the pictures and give details about my car if anybody asks. Enjoy!

1997 Honda Integra GS
6846741f56ad7ba79cea8a8a3362265f.jpg
7c84ef5c3898c99c9a60ef92d7b3c125.jpg
897e4afc74626c78e4b72c5a487878d6.jpg
e4b2729c1ff856086d5544f981284001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 2g

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Welcome, and I will say this is the first Honda I've seen in a long time that didn't look like shit.

HRubss

Apr 16, 2015
DMV
Don't post as much on here but I seriously want an MK3 Supra now, 7MGTE of course. I recently drove a BMW 335i twin turbo i6 and fell in love with it. I still love my integra but it's starting to bore me... I can easily find a Supra in my area due to people giving up on them after blowing the head gasket. I'm going to work this summer and try to raise money for one even if it has a blown head gasket. This would be easily achievable if college wasn't coming up in August but I am determined to raise the money for both. :biglaugh:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Keep the Acura Integra through your college years. It's good on gas and reliable. I wouldn't mod it. Just keep it clean and maintained. Put in your hardest work over the next four years, and focus on just school. Make sure you work & intern as much as you can in your field of study. You can later use it as experience when you apply for jobs that will require 3+ yrs experience in the field. When you finish school and land a good job you'll be able to afford your 335i with ease. And you'll still be in your early 20's. Try your hardest to stay away from student loans if possible. And please stay away from basket case MKIII's (like mine). You have no clue how deep the rabbit hole can go.

HRubss

Apr 16, 2015
DMV
Oh yeah, I'm going to keep my Integra forever. It is good on gas and it handles much better than a RWD car, in the snow it's been crazy modified already but thats the last of it right now, just need a water pump/timing belt and she's good to go. I'm doing this program that makes me go to community college for a little while and then I'm guaranteed admission to almost any college I want, saves me money and less stress with SAT scores and what not. I'm trying to become a mechanical engineer with engines thus why I love powerful engines and why I became a mechanic. It's not necessarily that I want a 335i but the fact that I fell in love with a forced induction power and how they create it, especially the 7MGTE. It's a long shot of me getting a Supra anytime soon but if I do manage to find one at a low price and I have the money for it, I'll try to go for it.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I'd suggest to keep the Teg and if you want to start on the supra then do so down the road. I'm from the DMV area. Have been in the game for a while now and i can tell that more and more supras are being brought back and modified than 4-5 years ago. That being said, I do have a project supra I'm looking to get rid of soon if you're interested :D nice dc2 btw. I've had my fair share of those as dd while the supra was down including a boosted poorman type R. Not gonna lie, my 4 door teg was one of the best cars I've owned and it was completely stock :)

HRubss

Apr 16, 2015
DMV
akito;2052311 said:
I'd suggest to keep the Teg and if you want to start on the supra then do so down the road. I'm from the DMV area. Have been in the game for a while now and i can tell that more and more supras are being brought back and modified than 4-5 years ago. That being said, I do have a project supra I'm looking to get rid of soon if you're interested :D nice dc2 btw. I've had my fair share of those as dd while the supra was down including a boosted poorman type R. Not gonna lie, my 4 door teg was one of the best cars I've owned and it was completely stock :)

It's a DC4, built it up all myself. I was thinking of boosting my integra up but it would cost a lot more than just buying a Supra that has much more reliability. I'm in NoVA, is it an MK3? If so, I might be interested lol

Sent from my iPhone 2g