1990 MK3 1JZ Megasquirt Build

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
This thread probably wont be updated for awhile since I have the car where I want it right now.

Next project will be finding another shell once I get to New Mexico later this year and do a strip all the way down sandblast and rebuild. This will probably go with a built up 2J-GE motor with a compound supercharger/turbocharger setup. Will be using a Eaton M62 and a Holset HE351VE rebuilt with a bigger compressor wheel installed. Power goal will be right around 700hp!

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
Well I ordered the parts I need for me to run 3 coils directly and semi-sequintial on my 1jz. Also ordered a bunch of stuff from summit to redo some of my wiring harness. I'm going to run the fuel injectors and coils wiring in a seperate loom. Going to be installing GM weatherpacks to make the harness modular aslo so it can be easily removed in sections.

I'll prolly take a few pictures of this since there will be a lot of wiring going on.

Crude picture below of the coilpack and injector wiring.

Attachments

• 6cy_Coil_Pack_Wir&#10.jpg
    6cy_Coil_Pack_Wir&#10.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 44

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
How do you like the megasquirt, and how was the install with the 1jz, Im looking to MS my 1j but i need to learn a bit more.

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
terror;1586780 said:
How do you like the megasquirt, and how was the install with the 1jz, Im looking to MS my 1j but i need to learn a bit more.

I love megasquirt, the install is just like any other non PnP standalones.

One thing is megasquirt grows with you. Allows me to modify it the way I see fit and to handle anything I throw at it. Some people would say hey just buy Brand X standalone with everything plus a soda machine built in, you can if you want to. But really for the DIY of person that I am I love it and would never buy anything else.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?125621-Megasquirt-thread-Megasquirt-and-You

Last edited: