1988SupraDream's Junkyard Supra Build. (2JZ inside) 56K... iffy

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
The Supra:
1988 Toyota Supra Nonturbo Auto 4.3:1 LSD Super White Exterior Burgundy Interior 190k Miles Chassis. $500 at a local junkyard in Fremont. BHG motor, Blown tranny, absolutley NO interior when I bought it.

p987463_1.jpg

p987463_2.jpg

The 7M:
Two acronyms and one word. JDM, BHG, RODKNOCK.
Like some say "JDM 7Ms are just rebuildable cores"
Gonna rip it out, rebuild it, and stick it in a Toyota truck, but I'll save that for another day.

p987463_3.jpg

p987463_4.jpg

The 2J:
p987463_5.jpg

p987463_6.jpg

Picked this sad site up for $400 with everything except the exhaust manifold turbos and cams. This motor actually has only 50k on it, the owner who bought it just didn't know what to do with an aristo motor as far as electronics go. (Long story) Don't know what turbo I'll be running yet, but it's gonna be T4 because that's the manifold that I have. Picked the manifold up for $45 shipped, the bolt holes didn't line up until I drilled them out more. I say that's one helluva deal. And before anyone asks, he took it apart, not me. Head bolts didn't get touched and that's the only thing I wasnt going to take off anyway.

The Wire Harness:
p987463_7.jpg

Got this with the motor. It's a JDM harness and and it also came with a JDM ecu. I'll be running USDM cams, 550cc Injectors, and a medium sized single turbo on these electronics. Dr.Tweak is gonna have his work cut out for him.

The Transmission:

(Will have pics when the 7M comes out)

JDM 7M R154 with a 1JZ bellhousing and flywheel. Enough said.

This build is going to be pretty slow going, but I've done so much to my supra since it came into my possession that I felt that it was time for a build thread.

Goals and parts before the supra meets the highway again:
500 RWHP reliably
Coilovers (Still rockin' the stock 20 y/o TEMS suspension which won't work with the 2J ECU anyway)
Complete body and paint restoration (not repainting, just salvaging)
New Dashboard (Gonna make a write-up when I do this)
Walbro 255LPH
Complete custom self-made cat-back exhaust
Keeping my 4.3:1 LSD, but might swap it for a 3.9:1 LSD later.
Single Turbo
Front mount intercooler
Custom self-made IC piping
New PS Rack (Current one has a hard spot to the left)

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
woot theres my manifold ;) how does it fit now that you drilled the holes out?
also, did it come with the map sensor?