15" and STILL be able to drop in the targa?

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
My friend is giving me his JL 15W0 for a damn good price, but I still want to be able to use my rear seats and drop in the targa. Is that possible in any way? I'm willing to make a custom enclosure, but I dont know how big to make it for sound, and what shape to make it in.

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Yes, this is possible but you will have to lose the spare tire and fire the sub upward from the spare well. I believe the 15W0 requires somewhere in the range of 2-3 cubic feet to operate well in a sealed enclosure, or 3-5 cubic feet in a ported enclosure... With a sub like that I'd probably go sealed just to save a bit of sound quality and conserve space...

-James

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
I'm not personally a fan of 15"s, but the 15W0 sounds decent when powered right and enclosed properly... It can be plenty tight and responsive. I'm not sure how many cubic feet the spare wheel well is, as my Supra is up in MD having some work done, but if nobody else answers your question by next weekend I'll take measurements. If I had to guess I'd say it can be done correctly.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Slow?? You must be listening to under-motored drivers...with today's technology 15s are just as "fast" as 10s.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
CryoSlash said:
speaking of subs, what does everyone think of bazooka subs? i need something i can take out on track days to save weight and such.

If you want a 15" sub, you have to go higher end or your going to get a piece of shit. higher end 15's will still have good response but I wouldn't recommend them if you plan on listening to mostly rock music and the sort. you should be able to easily fit a 15 into your hatch and still have a fully functional targa holder. Just get creative and don't be afraid to ask any local stereo places what they think and see what ideas they can give you. Where there is a will there is a way.

and btw cryoslash bazooka are stinky