12volt Fuelpump mod and battery relocate

SupraBro

So I just bypassed the factory fuel pump relay and resistor today and was wanting to show fellow supra owners how I done it, and if any of you have any better options to improve the install, please let me know. I'm also relocating the redtop to the rear and was hoping to have some input on how some of you done it.

I was wanting to mount battery to passenger rear with some type of mounting kit. I was hoping to see some pictures of some relocates from you guys!

I have seen a lot of people pulling the cap off of the sending unit and wiring the relay from there. I don't like the way that looks so, here is what I did to keep the relay hidden under rear panel. The wires to the fuel pump drop strait down the grommet on the floor.

I did all of this with 10awg wire with a 25 amp fuse and fuse holder. I'm going to relocate the fuse somewhere where I can get to it if anything ever happens.

These are the items I used for the 12v fuel pump mod

If anyone has any ideas on a mounting kit for the redtop or would like to show off you relocate job please post up pictures! I would love to see some ideas!

thanks again
brandon

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Search on here for battery relocation, there are a few threads on how to do it properly, ie if you ever want to pass tech so you can race on a track. Battery box attached properly to the car, accessible disconnect switch, etc etc

SupraBro

Enraged;2077088 said:
Search on here for battery relocation, there are a few threads on how to do it properly, ie if you ever want to pass tech so you can race on a track. Battery box attached properly to the car, accessible disconnect switch, etc etc

Thank you for the input! This will not be a track car but just a fun driver, I did search for some relocate installs but, I didn't seem to find much. Other then how to 12v mod. I was just wanting to see some photos of how you guys have mounted the battery's. The threads I did find the pictures were expired. Thanks again for your input!

Brandon

SupraBro

great read! jetjock was actually trying to help that guy. he was asking for advice but seems he didn't want to take any advice, LMAO. I was planning on keeping the kill switch inside the hatch. but since I read through all of that, it makes good sense to have it on the outside of car incase of a rear end hit or if you cant get into car. Enraged, thanks again for that post, opened my eyes to a few more better options! I will post pictures up as I go!

thanks again
brandon

SupraBro

Also im kinda lost to why people remove the cover in the floor to access the fuel pump wires for the 12v mod. It looks tacky having wires coming out of that spot. The fuel pump wires come up through a grommet under the rear passenger taillight, doing the wiring and relay there is much cleaner.