Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Very cool.

Will you reveal your secrets about the wiring conundrum of going OBDII and throttle by wire?

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
There are no secrets. Like I said, I will share as much information as I can.

I want to try the drive by wire, but am very tempted to go with old school direct throttle control. I have all of the parts for that.

I will wait until it runs to make any final decisions.

Making it work as it should have worked from factory, is certainly appealing.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Good stuff. 2JZ's on I/H/E gain way more power than 7MGE guys do. This will be a cool build.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
To say "no EGR" is inaccurate. It employs an internal EGR system. The valve timing is adjusted as needed to keep inert exhaust gasses in the cylinder or to allow some to flow back in at the end of the exhaust cycle. Downside to this setup is it doesn't cool as well, the upside is that it is far more tunable and as a result much better controlled... plus no separate hardware (as you already noticed).

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
want updates, i have a 95 2jzge vvti siting around. I want to do something with it but what about all that wiring?

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
Positive it's a '95?^

Screw the fly-by-wire junk. Ever think about getting a regular cable actuated tb and running an apexi power fc for jzx100? I bet you could make the harness from the 2j one and a junkyard trip. Might spend a little more in the end, but better performance and less headaches is a win for me

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
not to thread jack but adding info in to the mix
is in a gs300 03/95
IMG_0454.JPG

i never looked are all vvti's fly-by-wire? it would be nice to retain it.

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
I believe 2jz's outta the jzx100 were cable actuated, but not positive. Why would anyone want to retain electronic throttle? Throttle response is less than crisp and more wiring and more parts = more things to go wrong, in this case probably costly. Has this swap gone anywhere 935? Looked like all it was lacking is wiring. Is there a need to use the ignition cylinder and Lexus key? My buddy was looking into a jzs161 swap and mentioned something about that.
Static, still don't believe your car was factory vvti motor if in fact that's what's in there, my 95 gs was definitely all stock, no vvti