oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I know the electrons of the 7m work on the 2j but the othr ay around I don't see why now.. Thing is you now have a cold start injector unlike the 2j

88_7mge

N/A Lover
Dec 1, 2008
Hemet, CA
wouldnt the 2jz ecu be able to compensate while the engine is cold, and therefor no longer really need the coldstart injector? Then you would just be able to remove it, problem solved there. I would love to hear about a 7M-GE with 2JZ-GE electronics, hello OBD2 MKIII, lol. And damn right getting rid of that stupid flapper would be heaven.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
935motorsports;1430828 said:
I'm looking to use the OBD1 2JZGE setup. But yeah, the CSI wouldn't be used anymore.

You should still be able to pull codes and watch data with a good scanner. I can on my wife's 94 Corrola with my OTC Genisys. Interesting idea, though. Would you just repin the 7m harness to the 2jz connector and ecu?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
id like to see the 2jzgte ecu in a 7mgte honestly... next project maybe? well the timing maps might be more then the 7m can handle. 22 degrees at full tilt is the word through the grapevine at sf.

in for the kaboom or success...

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
There would be 2 ways to do this.

Use the whole 2jzge harness, and adapt the ends to MA70 chassis.

You could also use the 7mge harness, and simply make an adapter to the 2jzge ecu. You would have to add some wires for the sequential injectors though.

Since I don't have the 2jzge ends I would need, I'm looking at trying the whole 2jzge harness. I'm going to lay it over the engine soon here and see what kind of work it will be.