1 j z helps

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
My Rpm needle is going all over the place....And I can here a sound coming from well.. near the spark plug 1 . It only happens when the key is ahead. Also when it is started it runs really rich and sounds like it is hitting the rev limit when reving up but happens at all diff Rpm's. Does anyone know what is happening?

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
onejz said:
My Rpm needle is going all over the place....And I can here a sound coming from well.. near the spark plug 1 . It only happens when the key is ahead. Also when it is started it runs really rich and sounds like it is hitting the rev limit when reving up but happens at all diff Rpm's. Does anyone know what is happening?
Sounds like you've got a bad coil. Pull it off and look for cracks. They're small and hard to see but they'll give you hell. Also make sure your coil connectors are snug.

My car is doing the rev limit thing too. I think it's just running overly rich since it hasn't been tuned yet. My thought is that the engine runs rich to begin with, especially at higher RPM's, so with a bigger fuel system, when it richens the mixture it's flooding the motor.

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
Well now it is just running rich and wants to staul out all the time. I think it might be the cat or the o2 anyone have any ideas?

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
Took a hose off the igniter and a hose off the turbos and now it stays at 1100 rpms would it be a boost leak ?

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
I doubt a boost leak. I just talked to another guy with the same problem and he said his MAP was bad. By taking the hose off the ignitor, do you maybe mean the MAP sensor?

onejz

BOOOM BOOOM BANGGG
Apr 16, 2006
vancouver
Well that is the thing it onlys runs rich when i hit the gas it seems very odd things happen right now it runs fine