1.5JZ questions/how to

yung2ner

3E5 LOVER
I'm at a lost trying to find any information pertaining to making a 1.5jz. I have a 2jz-ge on the way and my 1jz is knocking. I want to get this car done as quick as possible but I haven't been able to find much regarding the 1.5 swap.

I've read one 1.5 build, but it wasn't very helpful. Could anyone PLEASE point me in the right direction? Maybe we can get enough info on this thread to make it a sticky in the future to help other people :icon_bigg

Thank you for any info!
Nik

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
change pistons, get 1j gasket set, get 2j water pipe, bolt together, maybe mess with IC piping and downpipe a little, drive.

In that order.

yung2ner

3E5 LOVER
kamikazemkiii;1671466 said:
Hope this helps, some ask questions there hopefully when someone else has questions they can find it in ONE thread.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?136498-1.5jz-swap-questions-concerns

Thank you.
Yes I have been searching and found out you need the different size water neck going from the water pump to the 1j head. (So far I have a big shopping list at DM waiting to check out lol). One more thing I've seen is the crank sensor on the 2j could have different teeth, but from what I've read this is with a gte block on obdII MKiv's. I'm not sure if all MKiv are obdII or not.

Here is a thread from a soarer forum that has been helpful:
http://www.soarerworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13622&page=7

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
oil pump is any turbo jz so just use the pump and lower timing gear from the 1j. timing belt is any 2j . Sprry forgot to mention. I just say change piston becuase its cheap/easy. You could do the thick head gasket thing but they are $$$.

yung2ner

3E5 LOVER
aphxero;1671577 said:
oil pump is any turbo jz so just use the pump and lower timing gear from the 1j. timing belt is any 2j . Sprry forgot to mention. I just say change piston becuase its cheap/easy. You could do the thick head gasket thing but they are $$$.

Thank you I appreciate the info!

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States