1.5jz oilfeed drilling and tapping GE block

audi2nr

May 27, 2007
washington
hey guys i'm going 1.5jz and i have a question about the oil feed for the turbo or turbos. i've searched here and clubna-t and it seems that everyone just uses a sandwich plate or some form of modified union bolt. now i was curious if anyone has tried to drill/tap the GE block where the GTE block has its stock turbo oil feeds. i understand it is somewhat of a difficult process to drill/tap cast iron but i would rather have a shorter oil feed line than one that has to wrap around to the other side, and i do have the GE block out of the car so that should make things easier. one thing that had me concerned was i believe i found a thread on supraforums where someone had tried this but found there wasn't an oil galley on the other side like the GTE block however i can not for the life of me find it again! so if anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated thanks

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
the oil galley's inside the 2JGE are not connected. I do not recommend drilling and tapping because no oil goes to the stock feeds.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
^^Correct he is.

Get a sandwhich adapter. I'm currently using this method. The feed line i have is a tad short so i went under the front timing belt cover

p1451438_1.jpg

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
you can get a machine shop to do it, but youll be spending a lot of money on it

just go the sandwich plate route

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Taping 1/8 NPT thread into the top of the union bolt located next to the oil filter is the way to go ,not only becouse it is dirty cheap but also becouse you will need the oil filter sandwich adapter plate for your oil cooler if you ever consider tracking this motor.

chopstickz

Dec 3, 2005
SoCal
You can drill and tap the union bolt or get a IS300 union bolt which is tapped for a oil pressure sensor I believe. You can get the oil feed from there. There is a sandwich plate where you can attach to the oil pan, I would recommend you welding the sandwich plate to the oil pan and not just use bolts.

rmjsupra

Mar 11, 2009
Moorpark
www.rmjmotorsports.com
Guys, I used a 2jzge block and drilled all the internal bores out to OEM to use the OEM oil feed locations. Did not drill the squirters out due to not looking for big power.

This is not hard as all the casting marks are on the block and if you have a good machine shop it should no problem. I have 2000 miles on my swap with no issues.

I did not want to cross a line over from the other side of the engine, wanted the stock look.

If you are in Cali, Indio Motor and Machine is familiar with this and I have used them on many builds for 8 years, not just JZ. They charged me about $1100 total, included 0.5mm over bore, balance and blueprinting the crank, bearings, full head job (port and polish done by us), decking block and head, and internal porting. I assembled the motor myself.

Here is my build thread:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106780

Indio Motor and Machine: 760-347-5493

audi2nr

May 27, 2007
washington
thanks for your input! i did run across your thread while searching for info on this! nice to know it has been done before.. too bad i ain't in cali :( but i suppose any competent machine shop will have the ability to do this. the reason i wanna do this is same as yours and since i will be running 2 turbos that means 2 oil lines running across the engine :( so we will see! again thanks for the input!

rmjsupra;1457853 said:
Guys, I used a 2jzge block and drilled all the internal bores out to OEM to use the OEM oil feed locations. Did not drill the squirters out due to not looking for big power.

This is not hard as all the casting marks are on the block and if you have a good machine shop it should no problem. I have 2000 miles on my swap with no issues.

I did not want to cross a line over from the other side of the engine, wanted the stock look.

If you are in Cali, Indio Motor and Machine is familiar with this and I have used them on many builds for 8 years, not just JZ. They charged me about $1100 total, included 0.5mm over bore, balance and blueprinting the crank, bearings, full head job (port and polish done by us), decking block and head, and internal porting. I assembled the motor myself.

Here is my build thread:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106780

Indio Motor and Machine: 760-347-5493