1.5JZ HX52 DD Build

Cruzanspeed

Mar 22, 2013
Orlando
claytonwes_2;1937778 said:
cant wait to see the progress of this build. im really leaning towards upgrading my hx35 to the 52 along with the 3l bottom end. seems to be a pretty good combo.
I would have gone HX35 or HX40 if I was staying with the 1jz bottom. But I think the hx52 will be right at home with the 1.5jz setup. You should do it!!!

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
Do the bc272 make it an interference engine...and if so do you have to upgrade the timing belt tensioner like on the 2jz? I went with the bc264 but I also installed the titan billet tensioner. Your parts list is pretty good so far. Keep it up

Cruzanspeed

Mar 22, 2013
Orlando
cruzian7m;1938605 said:
Do the bc272 make it an interference engine...and if so do you have to upgrade the timing belt tensioner like on the 2jz? I went with the bc264 but I also installed the titan billet tensioner. Your parts list is pretty good so far. Keep it up

No it doesn't make it interference.

Well on another note my wife gave me some great news today I'm going to be a PAPPY!! I'm so excited!!!!! Well that means one of my projects has got to go... And it's this one... It was nice sharing my progress with everyone on here. I will be parting out elsewhere cause I don't have enough post to do it here. Thanks everyone.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
dang thats too bad, it was looking like a nice car, well you got 6-9 months left... why not throw it together atleast first :p but family comes first, I think you only need 9 more posts and you can part it out on this forum.

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
WOW! congrats buddy! Family first..that's what's up. Enjoy the new baby project. I Am sorry to see the soup cancelled, but i understand...plus i know you got other projects..lol

Cruzanspeed

Mar 22, 2013
Orlando
1jz-Rolla;1938780 said:
geez, doesn't take you long to make decisions, does it? :p
It is what it is!!

Beals;1938787 said:
dang thats too bad, it was looking like a nice car, well you got 6-9 months left... why not throw it together atleast first :p but family comes first, I think you only need 9 more posts and you can part it out on this forum.

Well can't just throw it together... Lol. Still need a lot of parts for it and with it finished I will definently be harder for me to let it go. Also it will cost me more if I continue. Thanks

cruzian7m;1938811 said:
WOW! congrats buddy! Family first..that's what's up. Enjoy the new baby project. I Am sorry to see the soup cancelled, but i understand...plus i know you got other projects..lol
Yeh me too! But I do have another beast that will cost me less to finish so I will just complete that. Plus I can aways get another supra. I'm keeping the turbo cause I will be back!

Cruzanspeed

Mar 22, 2013
Orlando
1986.5supra_kid;1938966 said:
damn thats a big dude to spool. looks like the turbo that the turbo diesel MB wagon on youtube drifts with hahaha

Turbo is off a volvo semi. With the right setup full boost should come in at 4200rpm