1.5JZ-GTE vs. GT500

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
When I first put my car together (Thank you Suprahero, Driftmotion, 10secDream, SupraNBamma) and made sure the tune was solid me and my buddy were headed toward the track to see what kind of times the car would run at 11-14PSI. On the way to the race track on a closed course I pulled up to a black Shelby GT500. An older guy with pepper hair was driving, looked like he had his lady with him. He looked over at my car, and floored it with a grin and just pulls away from me. I look over at my buddy and he said that it's definately a Shelby. He slows down, and I finally take the car off of cruise control to match his speed. He guns it and I roll into it. As soon as boost kicks in I match his speed and just start pulling away. We run again two more times, and after the second run he hits the brakes, turns in the other lane and drives his dissapointment home, only to find disappointment in bed for getting whipped by a 1987 clunker with a 1.5JZ.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
NewGen;1407548 said:
LOL theres not a better feeling in the world then beating a ford.

Beating a vette ranks way up there as well.
Great job Jeff. I will give it to the Mustangs though, they get better every year and are looking way better than they used too.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I have a new clutch now. That night an auto MKIV ran a 12.1@111mph, so I know the mph is there. After I launched on the old clutch it would stay heated and would slip throughout the run. On the street rolling into it the clutch would hold the power fine.

I haven't been to the track since. I am pulling on cars that run high 11's low 12's in the 1/4 mile from rolls on 14PSI.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
nice to beat a $50k car isnt it... most expensive i've beaten was a srt8 challenger in my white hardtop... nice kill though, wish u coulda had a vid on this too.