1.5 jz question

aLLy_pl

Jan 13, 2010
Cracow
Hello , this is my first post , I have started new project , s14a with 1jz prepared for drifting. Engine that i have bought is in very bad condition and i have to rebuild it . I was thinking about doing 1.5 jz , but i would like to use 1jz block . Is it possible to put 2jz crankshaft to 1jz block?? Or what u think about using 2jz ge block ( with drilling holes for oil spray for pistons ) ??

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
aLLy_pl;1493523 said:
Hello , this is my first post , I have started new project , s14a with 1jz prepared for drifting. Engine that i have bought is in very bad condition and i have to rebuild it . I was thinking about doing 1.5 jz , but i would like to use 1jz block . Is it possible to put 2jz crankshaft to 1jz block?? Or what u think about using 2jz ge block ( with drilling holes for oil spray for pistons ) ??

i doubt the crank will work for that...y not just use the complete 1j since u have it? i have some parts u may want or need if u want to buy a complete block and head for a 1j i have it

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
OK I've seen your thread for the past couple of days and before I say anything can you please try to search? there is tons of info on the 1.5jz on here, look for suprahero's thread. GREAT CAR
But anyways 1.5jz is a great motor. You can't use a 1j block because the stroke is a different length so the block has to be longer to accomadate the longer stroke.
Secondly The ge block is a good cheap route to go and there are quite a few people making good power on the stock bottom end (with a 2mm head gasket to drop comp. I believe.)
And about the oil squirters it depends on what you are using the car for. if you are doing a endurance event such as road racing where you are loading the engine for long periods of time they will help greatly. For drag racing however they are not neaded because you are loading the engine for a short bit and then it will have a chance to cool.
That should get you started.

-Doug

Last edited:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
ally_p,

Rebuilding the 1JZ is another option if you are up for it.

As for a 1.5JZ, I did the following for it. 2.5MM Boost Logic HG, ARP Headstuds, New Oil Pump, Seals, Gaskets, Bigger Injectors, Bigger Turbo (from 1JZ Stock Twins), coolant pipe by the water pump (tad bit longer then stock 1j), all on a GE motor.

The 2JZ Crank will not work on a 1JZ block as the deck height is 1'' taller on the 2JZ. If you rebuild the 1JZ after market 2JZ pistons can be used with the 1JZ IIRC. You can not use the rods as the 2jz's are yet again longer.

Here is the link to the coolant pipe
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90916

Here is a link to Suprahero's build thread as DSLOCAL said.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50127

Any more questions ask away or PM me

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Slow_Sc3;1496820 said:
i used a usdm gte block and everything bolted back on with the stock head gasket and all

Yea also forgot to mention that. If you can find a GTE motor do it. Then you wont have to worry about the GE stuff. When i finished my entire swap i found a GTE local for 900 just the bottom end. I was disappointed. I searched for 3 weeks locally and nothing LOL.