1/4 track time need help

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
you are down on power and your 60' sucks.. reset the pcm in between every run .. what alt is the trak at? please post your time slip..

jason

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
Yea i checked my mechanical timing also, its good, but i think its something to do with my fuel because my plugs are white and there not even a lil wet but either way it goes into the shop monday. ANd lol i dont want to post my time slip it sucks let me fix my car and ill post a new one in a few weeks

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Embarrassment for your time slip wont help you find your problems. Its the simplest form of data logging out there.
Just because it was rebuilt doesnt mean it was rebuilt correctly, down to the last bolt.
How many passes did you make at the track? Was the time consistently slow? What transmission are you running? Did the clutch slip, converter pressure fall?
Get a after market boost gauge to make sure its holding boost at higher RPM.
Tire spin isn't always that noticeable to the driver.
Check all of your IC pipe for leaks, and remember that under pressure everything is different: joints that look good might get blow by under boost. Tighten all clamps.
When you get it back from the shop again, I would still touch everything myself. Its the only way to really know. Comp test and leak down.

Hope it gets worked out for ya.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
A well driven stock MK3 would cross the line at just over 90mph to be nearly 10mph down on that your car must only be making 170whp. I ran a sucky 14.7 @102 with a 2.4 60' running about 13psi.

davidgboyle

Aug 10, 2009
Guelph
From what I can see your 60ft is just evidence of poor tires. I took my car to the track and was running 2.2, 2.3sec 60 fts all night long. I also think that some people on the board talk up their 1/4 times because my dad in a fully loaded 88turbo at 12psi on a stock CT was only running mid low 15s and my car with a 2J and a T67 at 12psi was only running low 13s.