04 STI prestige aftermarket alarm will not disable!!!!

My friend's sti is the stuff, but he's having a problem with his alarm.
he posted this up in a subaru forum and no one commented back.
I told him i'd put it here, so here it is.

okay, so about two weeks ago my prestige aftermarket alarm remote stopped locking and unlocking my car. but the red light would still blink on the remote... so yesterday i tried to see if maybe it would work, and it just so happened that it locked but wouldn't unlock..

so i pulled my key out and got into the car while the alarm was sounding. i tried to use my stock alarm remote (which usually overrides the prestige alarm) and it didnt turn off. the stock remote does lock and unlock the doors and you still hear the chirp. but it doesnt disable the aftermarket alarm.

i unplugged the horn and the siren so i dont have to hear the loud *** hella horns and siren going off, and i can rollstart my car to crank it to be able to drive.

Ive unconnected my battery and tried to reset my ECU via accessport. but nothing disables this alarm...everytime a door is opened the alarm goes off....

i did not install the kit myself and i know that it is installed to not be found. i am searching for a 27a battery locally to see if that may solve the problem. but it looks like i am going to have to search online for one.

does anyone have any help as to locating the aftermarket reciever or how to uninstall it? or what the problem may be?
any help would be greatly appreceated.

Last edited: