ZT2 Wideband Questions

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
man, for this thread not being mine i sure am carrying it right along.

what angle do you have your sensor mounted at? My intructions tell me between 10 an 2 oclock but it doesn't appear that i can mount it between 10-2 oclock... doesn' tlook like it'll fit

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
p4571_1.jpg

smagnotta

SuprSal
Apr 5, 2005
WashPa
I had a wideband question since we are on the subject. I placed my O2 sensor at the 11 o'clock position on my downpipe and proceeded to fish the harness through the firewall. I tried to be as careful as I could...

I am getting LAMBDA as 1.00 and AFR as 14.7 all the time with no value changes on my laptop. The data is streaming but is set at the default values. Does this sound like the O2 signal is bad? I double checked everything and there are no visible signs of damage anywhere.

Any suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I don' tknow about your problem... it sounds like its not getting a signal.

I'm going to tr and put it in my test pipe... I guess we'll see tomorrow

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
isnms said:
Ideal - but you didn't include the very first post on it ;)
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100

Justin Yes the adapter should work
also, it won't work if you connect the green rpm wire to the pin labeled rpm on the ecu connector. it needs to go to igf or igt. check the linked pdf above.

I painted my zt-2 case a flat black
click pic:

I did verify my connections with that diagram after installation (wire color/plug location varies on 87-88 harness) I don't know why I'm getting theses readings for rpm off by such a large margin. I was getting a lot of elec. feedback causing the laptop to malfunction at first. I take some more readings and see what happens. Is everyone else TPS reading to 100%? Mine does not but I believe the graphs will self calibrate to the highest point (isn't our TPS 2.5V and not 5V?)
Brian W

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
I'll check my TPS to see if it's reading incorrectly. I'm seeing no more than 60% or so and have had some WOT missing lately, I think the rheostat could be bad in my TPS.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
question about AFR:

idealy is it supposed to be at a single number the entire time the ECU is in open loop mode?

Drove around a bit today ( first time ) and i saw numbers from 11.x -- 15.x and when coasting/idling i got upto 20.x

should, when the ecu is in open loop, the number be at a constant <insert number here>?

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Not if rpms and boost is changing, the ecu will be adding based on the open loop map. It should stay on the rich side (preferably a ratio of less than 11.5:1 but it shouldn't stay steady.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Justin - the picture you have of the ecu connector, in this tread post#25, has the idl and e1 highlighted. the picture you have with your install picture has the correct vta and e01 highlighted. i was asking if you could make that a jpg, its a psd, and attach it instead of the other.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
see, i'm not understanding afr anymore... i thought i was. i thoguht that it was supposed to stay at an ideal ratio the entire power band, regardless of what the boost, throttle position, rpm, or anything was. I thought you wnated to have an ideal AFR the entire time...

can someone try and explain, or link me to some good info, bout what the AFR is supposed to be when?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I don't have a serial to usb converter yet... I havn't been doing much logging yet, i'm still trying to figure out what i'm doing :-D

as soon as i get a converter for my laptop i'll hook it up and log a couple runs

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
Justin said:
can someone try and explain, or link me to some good info, bout what the AFR is supposed to be when?

ok i have a wideband on my mk3 turbo, ill make this simple.

idle/part throttle (no boost, very light throttle) should be 14.7 but can go as high as 16.x - 17.x at idle

under boost (full throttle) the ecu will try and make it extremely rich usually around 10.x

perfect tune would be high 11's or low 12's from 3000rpm until redline