WTF is Bitron 4 Real?

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
"The FTC also charged that zMax is nothing but mineral oil, and that it actually causes a 50% increase in bearing wear, proven by Oil-Chem's own testing"

"...The bottom line seems to be that zMax works as a solvent of some kind, so if you have a sludged-up engine it'll help clean it up"

JMDigital said:
Here is a link to the lawsuit agains zmax. Its almost at the bottom of the page.
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/legal/index.html

87Superdupra

May 28, 2006
North Bay Cali
I started this goddam thread and I was intrigued becuase I read that net sales was 100 million, If the product has sold that much, and if it is really the next big thing, there is enough money to do an organized test on real engines!!!! I appreciate someone taking the time to do that video but I don't really know what I'm lookin at, a bearing being torqued by a wrench? Show SF a real test on multiple engines against a control and if it is that good EVERYONE WILL BUY IT. I'm interested for sure though, I'm just very well experienced that things that sound too good to be true...ARE.

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
^^^ exactly.. and if it's proven to be SO good then there will be more than just supra owners running it.. Every one and there mother in the whole world would buy it. But I see a bunch of hype with no scientific proof.

Like what my math professor says: give exact answers, not approximations.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I found some lab results from the late 90's done in the UK.
https://uf1.com/wcegmem/bitron_engine.pdf
https://uf1.com/wcegmem/bitron_gas-petro.pdf

The rights to the product line were recently bought out by new owners here in Vancouver. I'm sure they'll do new tests in the future. In the meantine, I don't know what additional proof I can provide besides my friction demo videos and a million testimonials.

I know it works when 3-month-old drops off my Supra's disptsick can handle 600 lbs of shearing friction between 2 hardened steel surfaces on my machine, that's plenty of proof for me. Anyone in the Vancouver area is welcome to have a look, and even do the test for yourself, maybe test your existing oils? Either way, it's no skin off my nose, but perhaps some skin off your bearings! :)

In response to the post about engines running with no oil, I found this on the engine oil bible website:
The manufacturers of the DuraLube engine additive were dealt a smack in the face by a Car & Driver Magazine report into their product. C&D tried the same tests as Consumer Reports did on ProLong, and had similar results, but in a much quicker time. The C&D engines treated with DuraLube lasted a staggering 11 seconds without oil. You do the math.

koulee said:
Do we SMers get a discount? :)

Seriously though, some people believe that a well engineered oil like Amsoil, RedLine, Royal Purple, and Mobil 1 don't need anything else added to it--regardless of whether or not its an additive or something like Bi-Tron.

If this were true, we'd see a lot less rod knock, spun bearing, and fried turbo threads. And yes, you guys get a deal! I'd rather make little or no profit and help out the community.

JoeC said:
^^^ exactly.. and if it's proven to be SO good then there will be more than just supra owners running it.. Every one and there mother in the whole world would buy it.

This is the main difference between referral marketing (network marketing, people telling other people), and the usual TV commercial/retail store distribution. It happens in pockets across the continent. Everyone and their mothers are using the products, just in the areas where there are the most people promoting the products (i.e. Kelowna). TV is not the only way to sell a product, in fact, statistics show that people are becoming increasingly numb to conventional advertising (TV, print, etc)

Last edited:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
maybe ill get some for the truck. its gotta do a little good, cause this thing is already unkillable.

:drink1:

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
How do we get this 'Good Deal' you speak of?
I'm definitely interested in running this stuff once my rebuild is done!

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
IF this stuff was good, Chevron or one of the large oil companies would buy them use it as their secret sauce additive. Increase market share 10 fold and the rest would be history. BUT that aint that case.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
artmo said:
so would this solution stuff be good for breaking in a rebuilt engine?

I hear it's best to just use a single weight, IE 30W, not 5w30, additive-free, non-synthetic oil
So thats what i'll be using til the engine is fully broken in!

Afterwards I plan on running Royal Purple 10w40 + BiTron

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I'd be willing to offer free shipping to SM'ers for orders over $75. Definitely wait till after the FULL engine break-in period in to use this stuff. That's the best plan to preserve a top-notch compression engine.

Jaguar_5 said:
How do we get this 'Good Deal' you speak of?
I'm definitely interested in running this stuff once my rebuild is done!

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
can someone do some research on that facility that did those reports. Just reading them I see a biased opinion. I'm at work and printed off the reports to show my brother to see his outlook on the matter. I personally would like a known source to test these products. I feel that us consumers shouldn't need to put our money together to do so, but the owners, and retailers should provide us with current tests. Not 7 years old under a different owner.

Feuerstoss

Nov 14, 2005
Colo. Springs, CO
JoeC said:
can someone do some research on that facility that did those reports. Just reading them I see a biased opinion. I'm at work and printed off the reports to show my brother to see his outlook on the matter. I personally would like a known source to test these products. I feel that us consumers shouldn't need to put our money together to do so, but the owners, and retailers should provide us with current tests. Not 7 years old under a different owner.

I agree. It would be nice to do some current lab tests at a known lab with this stuff to see how it pans out. If the test results are good, I'd definately consider using it. I do know chemical engineering has come a long long way in other fields, but I think that independent testing is critical to marketing a product such as this to knowledgable people who expect results.

I'm not saying a lubricant such as this is 'too good to be true', obviously... I'm just saying 'the proof is in the pudding', so to speak. We need concrete results. None of us want to blow up our cars, and therefore are really hesitant on new products claiming to promise miracles. As before, we need proof, plain as that.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
ive always heard to use a lightweight mineral oil to break in an engine.

as for the bitron, i think most of us are still skeptics til we can get some more results. not knocking it in any way, though.

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
^^ exactly, none of us are knocking this product. Personally I found it very interesting and seem's like an awesome product. I just put 2k into my motor and can't risk having a bearing failure because of someone's opinion on a product that *they* sell. Now, if I was hearing this opinion from my bro who doesn't sell this.. it'd be a little bit different, but still.

I mentioned this to my father who has been around high performance cars all his life and he said he had no clue about this product, but he said it sounded like Slick 50. He went on describing how a retailer in indiana would put slick 50 in his motor, run it for 10 minutes, then drain all the oil out of the motor and do 50 laps around the dirt track with no oil, then run in the hour long dirby with no oil and have no failure.

I noticed that slick 50 says it comes with a 50,000 mile limited warrenty while bi-tron does not. Both websites seem adequete, but i will be emailing bitron management to look for some information.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
JoeC said:
....He went on describing how a retailer in indiana would put slick 50 in his motor, run it for 10 minutes, then drain all the oil out of the motor and do 50 laps around the dirt track with no oil, then run in the hour long dirby with no oil and have no failure.

like i said.... that doesnt mean it didnt do a lot of damage in the process....

that does sound pretty cool though.

i could definitly see a scam there though...how hard could it be to rig up an oiling system that added oil to the engine during the race?

just a thought....

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
True.. but slick 50 has been around quite a while and imo is more popular than bitron. I don't doubt there was damage done, or something was setup... but according to the pdf's we received here the slick 50 tested second to this product.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
its like trying all the new stuff that comes out on the market. i'm a fanatic when it comes to new pens and pencils and shit like that, ill admit. ive always gotta try the newest stuff just to see if itll work like they say, but end up sticking with the tried and true: the zebra f402 ball-point pen and the m402 mechanical pencil. stainless steel barrel, made in japan. doesnt get much better than that.

this also goes for the car waxes and detailing stuff, except i only try the new releases from turtle wax (ice for the motherf'ing win.), mothers, or meguiars.

back on topic, i'm itching to see what this stuff will do.