WTF is Bitron 4 Real?

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Well, the whole idea of polarity and how various fluids and coatings are either attractive to oil, or repel it is pretty cool.

By treating oil (hydrocarbons) or using ones missing electrons like you state, they will make it stick to metal like a magnet. (Should be really cool with this and something like moly in there, the oil would stick to the moly which is a metal, and both would stick to the metal engine parts.. very interesting idea.)

Many years ago I was at a county fair where this guy was selling magnets arranged in a 90 angle that you clamped to your fuel line, and it was supposed to change the polarity of the fuel as it passed by, and make it atomize better, and clean up the engine too. It was 70.00 for the magnet... SO I went out and bought a few really good magnets, and zip tied them on in the 90 degree pattern, with them repelling each other, and guess what? My fuel economy went up about 3%... SO every car I've owned since has cheapo magnets strapped to the fuel lines... LOL And I've even done this to a house water supply line since it works on water just like gas, and helps to keep your sink and bathtub cleaner... (Ok, don't know about that one, but it was "free" since I had the magnets and the zip ties laying round... LOL (Water softner works much better, but uses salt up, and it was expensive.)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
It's big here in the maritime provinces in Canada where the deep freezes hit hard and lots of truckers and farmers love the help with cold starts. If I could figure out a way to chill it that cold and heat it that hot and show that it still works, might be an idea for another video. I'm sure it's stable in that temp range from the wide variety of industrial applications it's used in already.

Some bigger companies, once they get over the usual skepticism and just try the stuff, are saving enormous money. There is a pipeline laying company in the interior of BC that is saving about $30,000 an hour in saved downtime from field equipment breaking from friction with the lubricant products they were using previously. They went from 1-2 hours of downtime a day to one every 6 weeks. This is primarily in external mechanical or machining applications that require lube or grease, not immersed in a sump of oil.

jimi87-t said:
What state is this Birtron in, in < 32* F temps and then what state is it in, in > 200* F temps. I've seen some of these additives turn into a an ice cube when put in a freezer over night (this is bad mmmK). There are extreme conditions that oil HAS to hold up to, the test in the vids is nice, but far from an accurate depiction of what oil and any additive are put through in the almost violent changing conditions the oil deals with in the real world.

Not knocking the product, but the vids do not make me a "believer". I would buy cases of this if proven.

BTW: I'm an aircraft inspector, deal mainly with aircraft engine and gear box bearings for the military and commercial aircraft. A few of the bearings I handle cost more than $25,000.00 (thats for one single USED bearing). I'm wondering why the aircraft industry is not using this.......it would save billions a year......if it works.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
jimi87-t said:
Not knocking the product, but the vids do not make me a "believer". I would buy cases of this if proven.

BTW: I'm an aircraft inspector, deal mainly with aircraft engine and gear box bearings for the military and commercial aircraft. A few of the bearings I handle cost more than $25,000.00 (thats for one single USED bearing). I'm wondering why the aircraft industry is not using this.......it would save billions a year......if it works.

good point... it would be nice to know how it effects oil flow at high and low temps (and extremes).

BTW: bearings in some aircraft engines cost more than $25k?? WOW. lol...i can understand that they have to be really good and never fail in the air so it makes sence...

is there anything special or unique to those bearings as compared to conventional bearings you might find in a bike, or rc car, or fullsize car? just curious.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Figit090 said:
is there anything special or unique to those bearings as compared to conventional bearings you might find in a bike, or rc car, or fullsize car? just curious.

Size for one, the one I mentioned has about a 12" diameter.
All cages are plated with silver as to help cut down on cold start wear. The tolerances and precision that are used also add to cost. Some of the bearings are not like a normal bearing you would think of, to much to go into here, but maybe one day I'll get some pics ;) I also deal with smaller bearings about 1.5" in diameter, and they can cost as much as 8k each. These are all out of turbine aircraft, so the RPMs and high loads these bearings have to deal with are not something that you would see in a bike/car.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
For your interest, I came across some very impressive results reported by Mercedes and Saab owners I found on another forum: http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=155939

"I thought that Bitron was yet another useless "snake oil" until I tried it.

I had a 1987 SAAB 900 which had a LOUD whine coming from the primary drive chain. (SAAB 900s have the engine mounted backwards on top of the transmission, with a large drive chain connecting the crankshaft to the transmission) My father-in-law gave me a bottle of the Bitron oil additive, which I added to the transmission. I did not change the transmission oil, or add any other additives. The whine from the chain was immediately improved, became much quieter over time, to the point where I forgot about it, and never returned.

I would not have used Bitron if it was not free, and have never used it since. However, it worked really well the one time that I did use it."

"I have put oil add into 3 of my cars, the 300D, 240D n F150

The best result is the 240D, more power going uphill and flat top speed.
Quieter engine. Felt like it had changed oil again.

The F 150 used to knock little bit when first fires up. Is a Ford inherent curse, not enuf oil to crank.
The knock is gone when first fire up now, easier revving. Being so heavy is hard to tell any noticeable power gain.

The 300 D is quieter, but not much noticeable gain. This engine has only 80ish HP, is way under power for this long chassis.
Maybe the compression improved, I restart after eng had been warmed, as I was in a hurry, didn't bother to wait for glow plug to heat up. It has a sep switch to turn on GP. This is a custom job.
It happened when I drove down town go away fro 1/2 hr , restart again and she fires right up.

Whereas my 240D and previous dsl needs GP to heat or or else can crank for mins and no firing.

There was a guy here had demonstrate his car by empty out the oil n drove 30 km, it didn't fried either"

canadianbacon

Extra Crispy
Dec 10, 2005
Coquitlam, BC
I just put Bi Tron in my Caravan today. When it starts is the morning the valve "clacks" a bit until the engine gets warm. I started it this morning and added Bitron as it idled. Holy Shit... it stopped "clacking" almost 15 seconds after I put it in. I too thought I would test it on something other than my Supra. I am convinced that I will try it now on my car. I know Brad,(Tekedus), and he isn't in it for the money. He is genuine about this product and has alot of Supra Love. We have a Mini Meet every month with the local Boyz. If it did not work we would have to beat him up!! If my work Caravan blows up I will let you know. I found that it seems to have a bit more pick up especially up the cut in North Van. It is a steep hill I drive daily. I am actually picking up another case of it tomorrow. Watch the Snake Oil Dance!! He He! As far as the hillbillies, Cletus and Snakey,:slap: I will see them at the Fall Classic. ( Next Month's Mini Meet) One thing though guys... seriously.... Tek has provided ample vid's and written docs at every time. I am a believer!!!!! It is not the Home Shopping Channel you know:3d_frown:

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I put a bottle of the drivetrain formulation in my R154, without changing the oil or anything (it was/is whining in all gears), I didn't notice an immediate difference, but Brad told me that it takes a few hundred miles to see the full result...well, i have driven it over 1000 miles, and I have noticed a slight decrease in the whine, and a bit less grinding...No help with shifting though. So basically, it quieted it just enough to be noticeable...:dunno:. That's my .02.

BTW: I checked the oil before I added Bitron, and the level was perfect.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Hey, this is mildly related...
There is an empty office building (one of many,) called the Stanley building, in my home town. I was told it was named for and built by Clarke Stanley (famous for selling lots of "Snake Oil" in the US)

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
The problem I see is this:

If a maker says that an oil additive/metal treatment/friction reducer will add horsepower to your car. You go buy it expecting it to do just that, pour it in, and the effects are neglible; in your mind the stuff didn't work. Even if it adds just 1 or 2 hp overall, the seat-of-your pants feeling won't feel it, only a dyno will be able to tell the difference. The product has failed to do what it claimed.

On the other hand, if the same product didn't boast to add more power to your car but instead better lubrication protection in worst case scenarios where the engines lubricating system experiences a critical failure you will buy it expecting it to do just that. Tekdeus proved just that in one of the vids where he ran a toyota tercel without oil. The valve covers were off and the drain plug was left unplugged to prove that the test was legit.

Bi-tron did provide lubrication protection in a critically failed lubrication system. Does it add horsepower? Only a dyno will tell.

I bought two bottles of the engine formulation and one bottle of the transmission formulation about a week ago and have been running it in my 89 turbo automatic. The engine does seem to rev smoother when pushed hard. Before it would grunt, now it would rev easier. The tranny does shift smoother. Before there would a bit of shift shock during the 1->2 shift, now there isn't as much shock.

Does it work to provide better lubrication? Yes. Does it add more horsepower? Well thats debatable. The weather is getting colder, and turbo cars like the cold air better, so it has been pulling stronger in the middle of the night when I'm driving home from work. Plus I've been doing little horsepower mods to the car to get better performance.

But, I didn't buy the stuff to give me more horsepower. I bought it to provide better lubrication, which it did. I am satisfied with the product. If it gives me 1 or 2 more horsepower or even more, then great, I could always use more.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
That's a good point Koulee. The only evidence I found that it might increase horsepower is that video made by those racers in Arizona who said they dyno tested it. The company does not officially advertise horsepower gains, although I think it is very possible and would like to do some dyno testing here locally. I think the power increases really show themselves in high-powered engines, where the normal boundaries of regular oil are at their limits and metal-to-metal contact is more likely.

I mentioned previously in this post about my personal theories:
- Larger, higher horsepower engines with more cylinders consistently report greater increases in power and mileage than smaller engines. I believe that in a low-power engine, the regular film of engine oil is adequate (except on startup or overheating) and is rarely ever exceeded. In high-compression 4-cyl, 6 or 8 cylinder high-performance engines, friction becomes much more of an issue because of the more extreme forces and heat plus more overall moving parts. The more that you exceed the regular engine oil film, hence riding on the "few molecules-thick" bi-tron oil layer, the more the microscopic metal surfaces will smooth out; yielding less overall friction, reducing oil turbulence and tempurature.

- Since the fuel product alters the surface tension of gasoline and it's inherent misting properties, vehicles with dirty or inefficiently designed fuel injectors will get an increase compared to one that is already clean an misting the fuel optimally, because of injector design.

Glad to hear your Supra's liking the products!

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
I have a toyota corolla with 205k miles..........

hmmmmmmmmm.......

How much is the treatment stuf run anyway? Could you PM me the details or give a link to the order site?

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
The Tercel was gonna get crushed by a monster truck the next day (at a grand opening for pat's shop), so we kept beating on it full throttle to see how long it would last and yes it did eventually seize. I'm pretty sure it's because of all the flame burning off the layer of oils on the combustion chamber walls; it can only hold up to open flame for so long :) The cam lobes didn't wear at all, so it must have been the piston rings.

It's interesting that Spaniard's Porsche ran for over an hour with no problems. I guess they were probably just idling it in the shop and not beating on it at full load.

We only put the Bi-Tron in the tercel a few minutes before the test and let it idle. It may have done better if it was daily driven with the product in there for a while beforehand. I've heard of a couple of stories (like the ones mentioned from customers earlier in this thread) where they drove without oil for 40-50 km's so maybe it just needs more time?