WRX - Turbo / Who owns one?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
im selling my supra for my friends 90 eclipse gsx. im tired of supras after just a few years... that and i've put far too much money into my 90...

and i never saw the point of racing from 40-150 or some silly ass speed like that...

starletmunchkin

Too scared to mod a 7m...
Nov 1, 2007
las vegas
I have one a 02 wrx extensive mod list...and i love it i can honestly say i like it better than my supra! The way it drives. But the supra just gets alot of looks though.

p1108257_1.jpg

p1108257_2.jpg

p1108257_3.jpg

starletmunchkin

Nov 1, 2007
las vegas
bigaaron;1106220 said:
It's reliable BECAUSE its an AT, the 5 speed is a shitbox! I saw at least 5 people literally blow up their transmissions with my own eyes.

My friend just got rod knock on his 02 also! If you guys don't believe me about the problems, go on the wrx forums and check it out. The great rep Subaru has is from the non-turbo cars and the family type cars, even the STI seems to be stronger where its needed. But the early wrx was a pos, and even the new ones have super thin body panels that dent if you just look at it sideways. The paint quality sucks. The drivetrain warranty will be voided (DOS:denial of service) if they have even the thought that you might have "raced" the car. It's not like I didn't go to wrx meets and go on the forums and research everything in detail back then. It understeers like a mofo no matter what you do to it, and it screaches around every corner and just murders your front tires. I would MUCH rather drive a Supra, it's way more fun. Subaru AWD is only good on the dirt, on the street you will get bored real fast.

This was mine:
p1108259_1.jpg

I agree with you on the tranny problems but the engine is and can be bullet proof with a good tune, Ive been running my car with a twin scroll ball bearing spec c turbo for 2 years at 20lbs realialbly for a long time. And Wrx's understeer alot because people are afraid to push them harder, research of opinions of professional drivers on sti's and they will tell you the more gas they give it the better it grips.:naughty:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Zumtizzle;1108026 said:
LOL.

I'll blow past you after 100. :D

Get a Cobra, or that other car we discussed. ;)

Boxer Motors aren't my cup of tea. ;)

lol...shoot people blow past me all the time..even in my Supra....:biglaugh:
I don't race..i just enjoy my cars...driving them mostly.
The rx-7 would still be another swap ..so nah...trying to get out of swaps and two door cars...spend too much time. lol

I think a wrx with a vf34 and a good tune and some tasteful mods to get around 250-300 AWHP should be a fun daily driver for me. I'm thinking about it more because I have a little girl who wants to tag along with me once in a while but is scared of getting in the Supra...She can't see anything lol/

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
suprastanger507mgte;1108537 said:
lol...shoot people blow past me all the time..even in my Supra....:biglaugh:
I don't race..i just enjoy my cars...driving them mostly.
The rx-7 would still be another swap ..so nah...trying to get out of swaps and two door cars...spend too much time. lol

I think a wrx with a vf34 and a good tune and some tasteful mods to get around 250-300 AWHP should be a fun daily driver for me. I'm thinking about it more because I have a little girl who wants to tag along with me once in a while but is scared of getting in the Supra...She can't see anything lol/

leave it stock or go for a lot more than just a vf34... once you start you just dont stop. and thats a fact... and if you have kids, think about there future and where you could save that money for college or something.

but on a sidenote, a wrx with an exhaust sounds nice. has that rumble to it...

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
No evo? (I'd Own a Inline Motor over a Boxer anyday) ;)

I feel you on that.

:rofl: at your little girl not able to see anything. I used to date a girl who was 4" 9' and she said the supra was fucking huge, but she was able to see over the dash. :rofl:

But you seem set on the WRX bud, and you know the places to look. So no issues there. ;)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Rennat;1108553 said:
leave it stock or go for a lot more than just a vf34... once you start you just dont stop. and thats a fact... and if you have kids, think about there future and where you could save that money for college or something.

but on a sidenote, a wrx with an exhaust sounds nice. has that rumble to it...

haha.. yeah I agree about modding. But 've seen decent numbers put out by the v43 turbos with a good tune. As for the kids college fund...its already been taken care of.. lol. She owns everything I own lol.

Zum...the EVos are definitely nice..but doesn't have the extra comfort features that I would like though it is second on my list if the price is right.

starletmunchkin

Nov 1, 2007
las vegas
I think you will be happy with a vf34 if your leaving it relatively stock, that will be more than enough. Handling mods make driving a wrx/sti alot more fun to drive.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I'll chime in.

I know a lot of Subaru owners, who drive their cars very hard. As stated the 5 speed in the WRX non STI sucks. If you haven't looked into a 2.5RS my friend has one that is just about indestructible, I've heard this leave his mouth, "My favorite thing to do with this car is to get going about 60MPH pull off in some grass off the side of the road with 2 out of 4 tires, yank the e brake, slam the car into first and iniciate AWD donuts...along with the hundreds of redline AWD launches at every autoX in the area."

My friend also has an STI, I love the STI, he has yet to break it but its only a Cobb Stage II (intake exhaust flash). There is absolutley no lag, very fun car. He says they have shitty seat bolstering and the weather is a big factor in performance.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Rennat;1108736 said:
i would just say get the STi.... but thats just me.
but i hope you find a good one, because buying a used car can be such a bitch...

yeah definitely..no rush for me. I've talked to a few sellers and a couple younger kids trying to sell off their junk hiding behind body kits thinking I know nothing about cars... lol. As soon as I start probing around and looking at things..then the truth automatically spills..out...with what's wrong etc..its funny.:biglaugh:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
7Mboost;1108816 said:
I'll chime in.

I know a lot of Subaru owners, who drive their cars very hard. As stated the 5 speed in the WRX non STI sucks. If you haven't looked into a 2.5RS my friend has one that is just about indestructible, I've heard this leave his mouth, "My favorite thing to do with this car is to get going about 60MPH pull off in some grass off the side of the road with 2 out of 4 tires, yank the e brake, slam the car into first and iniciate AWD donuts...along with the hundreds of redline AWD launches at every autoX in the area."

My friend also has an STI, I love the STI, he has yet to break it but its only a Cobb Stage II (intake exhaust flash). There is absolutley no lag, very fun car. He says they have shitty seat bolstering and the weather is a big factor in performance.

yeah i do like the RS too. I need two extra doors.. otherwise I'd stick to the supra..

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I have an 05 STI. I love it.

Super Reliable thus far. Decent on gas and fun as hell! It's NOT had an easy life since i got it and I have yet to break anything... aside from smoking the clutch.

*edit*
and seriously... if you haven't looked into insurance prices yet.... do so.

Working on them is nothing like a Supra either. (once you get past GM stuff anyway).

Oh, and check out that wing... \/

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
all this talk about preformance! i had a wrx wagon as a DD for a bit and i couldn't get past how cheap everything about the car feels. the doors are so thin and just feel like they'll fold in half if you close the door to hard. the seats were equivalent to the seats in my GF's sunfire! i dont' know about you but i loved the luxury of the supra so it's a hard sell for that much of a downgrade. fun car to drive though

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
cartel1_950;1110834 said:
all this talk about preformance! i had a wrx wagon as a DD for a bit and i couldn't get past how cheap everything about the car feels. the doors are so thin and just feel like they'll fold in half if you close the door to hard. the seats were equivalent to the seats in my GF's sunfire! i dont' know about you but i loved the luxury of the supra so it's a hard sell for that much of a downgrade. fun car to drive though

problem is...I'm going for more functionality with a bit of Zip cause I have a kid. Putting a friggin car seat or even just trying to get my kid in the car scares her..and I don't her. She has always travelled in my Armada SUV so she is spoiled with better views and nice airy ridy lol.
Either way I need a 4 door car...so I fgured why not get the wrx which I have been wanting for a while. I think I can give up the Supra luxury and the pig weight for one.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
my brother has had an sti since 03' and the only issue he had was a recalled part that was replaced and the cost of new brake pads. the only time ive seen people break Subaru's is when they race the shit out of them. my brother just uses it as a daily and it does fine no mods....

he also has a problem of living in downtown denver and getting at least 1 hit and run a day.