Wotm invitational drag race. OCT 11th

flyjum

Oct 5, 2006
Mesa AZ
Any one hear about this? Im going for sure any one else? Turned out to be ok but... Ryan did all he could to get BL and the others to run but the tech guy was a not havin it. Here is a post from ryan. Kean, SW, Chris, Justin, Stacey Barnett, and everyone else who was actually here knows how much I did to try and get their cars to race.

"All of you bitching and pointing fingers have no idea what really happened and should shut the fuck up.

At the last minute I arranged to get BOTH of the BL cars CERTIFIED by our NHRA guy. BOTH BL cars were at his place to get certed and BOTH CARS FAILED THE INSPETION. The cages were not built to NHRA spec therefore they failed. 2in belts in a 7.70 car doesn't fly. Not having 6x6 plates does not fly either. Having a cut off switch INSIDE a trunk instead of outside doesn't pass tech either. I can go on but it would be pointless. Oh and having belts 5 years expired doesn't help much either.

We tried everything we could to get the BL cars down the track. At the end of the day the track did not want to be liable for having the cars go down and not pass tech.

I TALKED TO ALL THE BL GUYS AND SW BEFORE THEY LEFT TX AND TOLD THEM TO GET THEIR LICENSES AND CAGE CERTS DONE FOR AZ. I told them I could arrange to get the cages certed here and I did. I did everything I could but I have no control over the cars not being legal.

If the ones bitching want to blame me for that then go ahead. They knew before they got here I wanted them to have cage certs and licenses for this race and even arranged to get their cars certed here just for this race."

Last edited:

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
Slow66 said:
If you're not making 1200+whp.... youre not invited.....to race anyways. You can spectate all you want :)

i tried. 1193rw was all i could muster. i had thought about breathing heavy on the temp sensor to change the correction factor, but that would be cheating. its a little far to go anyway.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
dbsupra90 said:
i tried. 1193rw was all i could muster. i had thought about breathing heavy on the temp sensor to change the correction factor, but that would be cheating. its a little far to go anyway.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
My friends and I will be there.
I supported SILV to the fullest and had a great time.
Now I want to see a supra run better than a 14 1\4mile. :)

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
MDCmotorsports said:
Yeah, ask all the people WHO DIDN'T SHOW UP TO VEGAS about this event.

Tisk tisk WOTM.

yep.

I didnt know about this, but what a way to steal the thunder from vegas.

I was VERY dissapointed Ryan would pull this S&%T.

No big names showed up the Vegas (RREV did) beacuse they were all "invited" to this.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Ckanderson said:
yep.

I didnt know about this, but what a way to steal the thunder from vegas.

I was VERY dissapointed Ryan would pull this S&%T.

No big names showed up the Vegas (RREV did) beacuse they were all "invited" to this.

Ryan was thinking why not kill 2 birds with one stone attitude. He was hoping people would go to both. Yes, it might be a lil off by thinking that but that was his reasoning. I read it on the SF

Duane

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
this just in:

wotm event cancelled! tech inspection was very harsh. they checked everything- safety switches, scattershields, the works. only 2 people passed, ryan and cody. everyone is packing up and going home. i know 2 local guys that went (almost 2,000 miles one way). really sucks. im glad i didnt fly out there now.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
upgradedsupra said:
Ryan was thinking why not kill 2 birds with one stone attitude. He was hoping people would go to both. Yes, it might be a lil off by thinking that but that was his reasoning. I read it on the SF

Duane

come on............................

lets be serious here.