Will 1/2 NA-T run w/SAFC on stock 7M-GE injectors?

7mge-t_cressida

1/2na-t cressida FTW!!!
Apr 7, 2006
Hawaii
I got my 1/2na-t assembled totally as far as the stock ct26 turbo assembly, oil lines, piping blah blah blah... basically everything but the injectors are in. now this is my question. i'm returning from vacation and going back to work so i need the car to run. so the question is, can i the car run w/ the stock 7mge injectors but just richen the hell outta it on the safc? anyone have any experience with this. i just need it to run for about 1-2 weeks on stock boost (7psi?) until my injectors get in. im sure some one has done this so some help would be much appreciated.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I wouldn't even touch anything with out at least a wideband in the car. Stock GTE injectors are not that expensive as well... but maybe you still can run it..

86supra7mge-t

Oct 2, 2005
Brew City, WI
7mge-t_cressida said:
I got my 1/2na-t assembled totally as far as the stock ct26 turbo assembly, oil lines, piping blah blah blah... basically everything but the injectors are in. now this is my question. i'm returning from vacation and going back to work so i need the car to run. so the question is, can i the car run w/ the stock 7mge injectors but just richen the hell outta it on the safc? anyone have any experience with this. i just need it to run for about 1-2 weeks on stock boost (7psi?) until my injectors get in. im sure some one has done this so some help would be much appreciated.

It's not gonna work in boost. I ran the same setup but with 440s. I had the safc +50percent and still ran lean on boost. HOWEVER, you can run 380's if you stay out of boost. I mean really, stay out of boost. I also hope you have a wideband. Your going to need one of those. Good Luck

-Dave

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
86supra7mge-t said:
It's not gonna work in boost. I ran the same setup but with 440s. I had the safc +50percent and still ran lean on boost. HOWEVER, you can run 380's if you stay out of boost. I mean really, stay out of boost. I also hope you have a wideband. Your going to need one of those. Good Luck

-Dave

Just wondering how can it be lean with the 440's? beacue the 440's are the turbo injecters.

or is it because he is 1/2 t?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
BorHor said:
Just wondering how can it be lean with the 440's? beacue the 440's are the turbo injecters.

or is it because he is 1/2 t?

I'm not sure, but it COULD be because of higher compression or the fact that he's using the GE ECU..

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
If not I have some stock injectors I just pulled from a JDM gte I can have overnighted to you till you get your new ones

-Chris

86supra7mge-t

Oct 2, 2005
Brew City, WI
gte fpr and ge's are pretty much the same. some 89+ turbo fpr's are a little different but not by much. You will run lean on boost due to the high compression but manily because of the GE ECU. Trust me, I've been through all of this before...

-Dave

7mge-t_cressida

1/2na-t cressida FTW!!!
Apr 7, 2006
Hawaii
so with the 440's, stock ct26, safc, and stock boost i'm gonna run lean? i know the safc isn't really a powerful fuel tuning item but its hard for me to believe its gonna run lean with 440's and a ct26 on stock boost. besides compression has nothing to do with the AFR... it has more to do with detonation but nvm about that.

86supra7mge-t

Oct 2, 2005
Brew City, WI
not EVERY 7mge is the same. My mk3 DID run lean on 6.8 psi. high 12 a/f's. However I do know of someone that ran 11psi safely with the same setup. I guess it depends on the status of your motor. I ran 2.5 i/c hard pipes, 3in turbo back no cats...Try it out. I do recommend an afpr.With an afpr @6.8psi you should be fine. I had a stock fpr.Maybe on your car, you'll be fine. My na-t was also one of the quicker 7mge-t's that i've seen ;)
Let me know what your a/f's are, I'm very curious.

7mge-t_cressida

1/2na-t cressida FTW!!!
Apr 7, 2006
Hawaii
yeah i'll post it up when i get them. but 86supra7mge-t did you ever get a chance to dyno your car at 6.8psi? just wanna know the projected power of a 7mge w/ a ct26...

86supra7mge-t

Oct 2, 2005
Brew City, WI
Thats how it should be done Fuzz. turbo electronics will save you a head gasket and most likely a block. 7mge-t cressida I did not dyno however my buddy dynoed with 2.5in catback and hardpipes and he put down 233rwhp and 267wtrq with I believe boost leaks. My mk3 however seemed like it had much more hp since i was pulling on high 12sec f bodies...
Good Luck

-Dave

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
why does everyone cut corners and not run full gte electronics.......imo dont even bother with the ge ecu, its a good way to blow the motor. it has no timing and fuel maps under boost

maybe try maft-pro since it controls timing?

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
When I was still on GE electronics and 440's it ran pig rich, black smoke everywhhere I went. I had to use an AFC and lean it out 15% to run without smoking. Never hhad a problem with it on 10psi - 12psi.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I wouldn't push my luck. Tubbie's comment says a lot. The turbo's injectors flow what, about 25% more than the N/A's. He had to pull the fuel back 15% to bring it right. That leaves 10% more fuel still flowing than the N/A's... this is rather speculative, but I sure as hell wouldn't risk my engine over a set of injectors you can pickup for $30.

EDIT: As for the GTE electronics vs GE electronics, the MAFT Pro on GE electronics is a safer bet. Keep in mind that the GTE is still expecting a lower compression motor. Sure you can add an SAFC to tune the fuel, but you should still keep a close eye on the timing.The GTE's less aggressive timing curve on a N/A-T could still prove to be too agressive as you turn up the boost. Not to mention the added benefits of boost control and the aux outputs which can be used for water/meth injection.

Last edited:

7mge-t_cressida

1/2na-t cressida FTW!!!
Apr 7, 2006
Hawaii
iceberg319 said:
why does everyone cut corners and not run full gte electronics.......imo dont even bother with the ge ecu, its a good way to blow the motor. it has no timing and fuel maps under boost

maybe try maft-pro since it controls timing?

ummm maybe because i live on an island and mkiii parts arent exactly a PLETHORA here and shipping is almost twice the amount as any other person in the USA. i was lucky to find what i found. i've visited almost all junkyard on this island and there is not even an NA mk3 supra in 1 of them.