Why you can't try to teach people about oil

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I went ahead and approved this even though it's "kinda" off topic in this forum. Damn amusing though ;)
What it does illustrate as Gene alludes to, is that concerning motor oil people have a huge number of misconceptions, "myth believers", and ignorance of how oil actually works.

Good on you Gene for trying to set them straight and you did a pretty damn good job considering the intelligence level you were dealing with. I'll tell you though, JJ told me long ago it's like shoveling sand against the tide. That thread is a perfect illustration. ;)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
jetjock;1328978 said:
It's true. Why I gave up. I remain surprised by your success at it. Must be all in the delivery...

When you come across an especially thick skull, sometimes a fine toothed chisel works better to get through the cracks than a 10 lbs sledgehammer ;)

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Doward;1329152 said:
Gene, I joined over there to help educate, but I'm not allowed to post. LOL

Thought about it myself, but I don't think that crowd would like me very much ;)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I thought the same thing, then realized - I don't care if they like me. I just want the correct information posted there, so that anyone that happens upon it with a brain might learn ;)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I'm hard on my Stupid limiter here (had to bail on SF couldn't stand it any longer)

I'm not even going to click the link as it's just another doorway to stupid by the sound of it...

How do these people survive the real world surely people would punch them in the head each time they opened their mouths...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
FSS (both .net and .com) are worthless off topic whoring websites.

Please do not be concerned :p

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
Thanks everyone for the support. Its was hard to get anything past them without throwing some sort of garbage at me.

Thats why I'd turn all questions to SM before going anywhere else :bigthumb:

Doward;1329152 said:
Gene, I joined over there to help educate, but I'm not allowed to post. LOL

Yea there is like a waiting period and once your validated you should be able to post.

jetjock;1328978 said:
It's true. Why I gave up. I remain surprised by your success at it. Must be all in the delivery...

Yea, you really have to dumb it down for them ;)

They probably wouldn't understand a word you say if you try to explain anything to them ;)

Tanya;1329169 said:
FSS (both .net and .com) are worthless off topic whoring websites.

Please do not be concerned :p

Yea pretty much

I find some nice things for sale sometimes though :biglaugh:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
IJ.;1329166 said:
How do these people survive the real world surely people would punch them in the head each time they opened their mouths...

Probably because most of these people rarely leave their basement for actual face-to-face contact with others.