why I will always keep my car 7m

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
DOUBL3 D;1897583 said:
Saw this this morning...makes me wish I had a hardtop. Leaky Targa seals on a cold fall day SUCK. Not to mention the weight diff

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad mine only leaks when I wash it

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IndigoMKII;1897592 said:
3450-3640, depending on engine, trans, (A340E), roof, options such as TEMS, ABS.

Quoted from http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ga-vs.-Non-Targa-weight-amp-performance/page7

This....

There no way that stock vs stock one supra is going to be 500lbs lighter then the other.

20years later maybe you had a bunch of dirt on your car lol or rust for that light weight mod... Or maybe the one of the scales you used was broke.

My 89 Targa full interior
No spare
Bunch of after market stuff
Inter cooler + piping
Different wheels
Suspension
Exhaust
After market radiator
Turbo
Blah blah blah

Weighed in at 3396 with out me and under a quarter tank of gas.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^my 89 turbo targa with mostly stock everything except eibachs/bilstiens and exhaust with some tools in the back and 1/4 tank weighed 3636. With very accurate scale.

usually all targa cars weigh in around 3500 depending on year.

Early years weigh less than older years. Later the year the more it weighed.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
hvyman;1897595 said:
^my 89 turbo targa with mostly stock everything except eibachs/bilstiens and exhaust with some tools in the back and 1/4 tank weighed 3636. With very accurate scale.

usually all targa cars weigh in around 3500 depending on year.

Early years weigh less than older years. Later the year the more it weighed.

That's almost a 250lb difference between are cars, I used a local track scale not sure how great it was but I assume it was at least within 50lbs

That being said I had huge amounts off aftermarket stuff at the time I weighed the car.
And was missing things along the lines of brackets/cruise control/dust shields/wheel well fender liners/horns/stock seats where replaced with different recaros at time.

My guess is lighter

Exhaust
Wheels
Driveshaft
Seats
And missing components

Was the major difference I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Nothing to mention about it. Its slow and has no aftermarket support.

ya i used a scale that is used by engineers when i worked at hyundai. no cruise control but everything else was there.

just driver seat weighs like 70lbs. spare weighs like 50.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA

ya i used a scale that is used by engineers when i worked at hyundai. no cruise control but everything else was there.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
lazer1100;1897604 said:
I love beating on those srt4's seems like they are the new generation civic lol
Ahaha Andrew wtf.

For those of you who don't know this is the guy who is in a lot of the video's I post under this section.

He owns the

Black 1990 1JZ in all those video's

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
hvyman;1897606 said:

I think the passenger seat is 40+ also

So that's 160lbs right there

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
gurley0916;1897468 said:
certain NA models had them. they are open diff though.
Correction, some had LSD, they were the cars ordered with the sport package, which also included headlight squirters and TEMS.

To the guy who asked about the RPMs at around 80mph, you're turning around 3600-3700 if I remember correctly. Had one in my old 88, was nice for the NA. Still managed to get high 20's, really low 30's on the MPG too.

Would love to see my car with the 4.30 diff... promise you it'd be an easy 12 second car then.

89niner;1897603 said:
Lol I think its funny that no one has even mentioned the 1g-gte.
It was a tax write off. Made 7MGE power, but only used 2.0l to do it, so it was in a lower tax bracket in the Japanese market. There was no 7MGE there, at least not in the Supra. I believe the only NA 7m in Japan came in the Cressida.

However, I could be mistaken. Jeff Lange would probably know better, but I'm pretty sure I've got my facts correct.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
te72;1897783 said:
It was a tax write off. Made 7MGE power, but only used 2.0l to do it, so it was in a lower tax bracket in the Japanese market. There was no 7MGE there, at least not in the Supra. I believe the only NA 7m in Japan came in the Cressida.

I may be wrong, but I think he may have been talking about the narrow body Supra. I wish I could find one of those swap a 7m in there and have crank windows, and no power seats. (maybe that is in mexico only, I remember seeing it somewhere.)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
emericaskater285;1897790 said:
I may be wrong, but I think he may have been talking about the narrow body Supra. I wish I could find one of those swap a 7m in there and have crank windows, and no power seats. (maybe that is in mexico only, I remember seeing it somewhere.)
I saw no mention of the narrow body, but the 1G-GTE that was in said narrow body cars.

For what it is worth, they look almost identical to 3rd gen Camaro/Firebirds.