whos bought one?

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
wow i must say that is dirt cheap for a SS dp. :aigo:
It looks similar to the bic ddp, just a different style flex section further down the pipe. I dont imagine this as being even close to the same quality and workman ship as the bic downpipes tho.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i had an ebay downpipe, wasnt really that bad... but i sold it to finish the rebuild.

and 935motorsports sells the same item... its just this particular person is selling them dirt cheap...

and its a bic copy, but without the welds, and has a flex... i have a friend with an ebay downpipe that hes had since i've known him... so a good 2years now...

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Rennat;1271798 said:
i had an ebay downpipe, wasnt really that bad... but i sold it to finish the rebuild.

and 935motorsports sells the same item... its just this particular person is selling them dirt cheap...

and its a bic copy, but without the welds, and has a flex... i have a friend with an ebay downpipe that hes had since i've known him... so a good 2years now...

Thats good to have success with cheaper ebay items. But its always good to support our sm vendors! We need to keep them in business so we can continue getting bolt on parts. :biglaugh:

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
ChrisC;1271805 said:
Thats good to have success with cheaper ebay items. But its always good to support our sm vendors! We need to keep them in business so we can continue getting bolt on parts. :biglaugh:

I agree but the cost of the downpipes are usually rediculous compared to the cost of the rest of the entire exhaust system. I support small buisnesses and all but when its like a third of the price...

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Ebay can ruin any good business...haha. I was considering going into the custom stainless exhaust parts industry maybe, but have sort of decided against it. Everything i thought up i could find on ebay for what i would pay for materials alone. Im still going to make parts for myself anyways though

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I fully support BIC, not only because he truly supports US and our tiny little niche, but because he actually cares about these cars, is an absolutely fantastic vendor, and does all the dirty work.

I know this discussion comes up time and time again, but if you support this ebay junk, we'll lose all that we have. They're just copying what honest people put out, and when they finally run those guys out of business, who's going to step up and continue making new things?

Screw those copies.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
shaeff - with that being said, why did 935 have vendor rights for so long? they PROMOTED their "chinaman" exhauts and parts... driftmotion supports them too with the "hong kong" blow off valves... i find it hard to support a vendor, when they themselves are half the problem.

aaron is a great guy and i've never had a problem, but what gives?

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I bought one, it was a awhile not 100% if its the same guy but I think it is.

It was a snug fit on the turbo, I think i had to die grind a little off one of the holes, the flange came down so far it didn't let the wastegate fully open, didn't notice till I hit 15psi a few times. Had to pull it off and do some more die grinding on the bottom of the flange.

All in all I was still pleased with it. Has the flex-o-section, and a bung for the WB, and stock o2.

shaeff, I know what your saying, it stinks that some people put so much into R&D and then it gets copied by someone capitalizing on it. But BIC wants like 600$ bucks or something dont they? It's just so hard to say no.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
dumbo;1271855 said:
shaeff, I know what your saying, it stinks that some people put so much into R&D and then it gets copied by someone capitalizing on it. But BIC wants like 600$ bucks or something dont they? It's just so hard to say no.
You need to check your facts before posting.

BIC sells theirs for $385, I just checked the page here: http://www.bicperformance.com/products.htm

That's hardly $600.

Furthermore, the craftsmanship and materials on these is literally night and day. Even Robert at 935 who sells these knock offs has said this publicly. If you want a no-hassle system from the original innovator, BIC is the man to talk to. If you're not worried about the quality of the parts you bolt on your car, by all means, buy from China.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Sorry I meant with all the options, I guess without powder coating though its only 4 something. I was only posting my experience for the OP, and I did mention the several flaws with the overseas version.

shiftysupra

Nov 4, 2008
Tucson, AZ
thats kinda of what i've been thinking ^^^..... i mean they even say how cheap copies and stuff from china are not made very well, however they are seling them to us... i make my own stuff but would prefer the bic over the cheapy anyday

Mario

Jan 26, 2009
st. paul
Canuckrz;1271809 said:
I saw one of these being sold in the FS section the other day, it had a hole in the flex section though. It blew my mind that he was only selling it for 160 bucks now I know why he can sell it for so cheap, I need to keep that guy book marked for when I do my exhaust.

Check out how cheap the elbow hes selling is (0.0)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turb...ryZ33632QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

haha Hey!! i just bought one of these haha we will find out how it works in about a month BYE BYE snow..... Its bolted to my megan dp just got to drop in with my hks.

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
The Bitterness of Poor Quality lingers long after the Sweetness of Cheap Price is Forgotton.....

I have a full BIC exhaust setup with the ceramic coated, rerouted wastegate, w/ flex section which I believe, without going and looking, is the most expensive version of it (close to 600 that was mentioned before) and this part will certainly outlast the rest of the car.

Take my 600 dollars(lets say its 600) and think of the 10 years or more it will likely last...after some complicated calculations haha I end up paying 5 dollars a month for my super high quality downpipe.

I always like to think about how long things will last and then look at the cost...not to mention the MUCH HIGHER QUALITY...ya know that's always a plus. Also...If your young, have some freaking patience and SAVE money lol.

.02 - Support our vendors and Support the community and we will all reap the benefits.

******For the 7M crowd, without a strong community like this we probably wouldn't have the FFIM that suprasport is making...20+ year old car/engine and we still have awesome mod support!!!*******