0604081305.jpg

In with the new

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

So heres the plan:

Make the car awesome. Right now we're stripping it bare so we can get to work on all the chassis pieces. Cage and subframe reinforcement and suspension parts are on the top of the list. Then we'll worry about the motor and all of the random stuff. And the rest is easy.

We're shooting for 2800lbs wet and still maintain a decent amount of streetability. I don't think it will be too hard, so we'll see how it comes out.

kjj512

May 27, 2006
PA
ViR2;1055336 said:
isn't this the car which is being parted out at FS thread?

The car isn't for sale. Almost everything thats on the car is. We have at least 2 of everything we need sitting in the garage.

And yes new is a relative term. The blue car is new to me.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
This car is going to be amazing when it's done. Once the car is stripped and the motor and stuff is pulled, I'm going to be starting on the cage.

I need to shorten the dampers because at the height we were running and with the helper springs, we were running out of travel in the back. So shorter bodies will be going on. The spring rates and valving will also be adjusted based on the new weight and balance of the car.

I'm also getting started on suspension arms all around and subframe and steering rack bushings. Basically, I want to remove all unaccounted for compliances in the suspension. And I want the adjustability that these new arms will bring. This car is going to handle very well when I'm done with it.

I also need to get some new wheels/tires, probably some enkei's and I'm not sure what tires just yet. but I want some wheels that I can run much wider tires on for road course, hill climb and time trials stuff.

So this is just the beginning, but things should be happening pretty fast. I don't want to miss out on the whole season because I spent it all building this car.

Tim

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
gud luk

I just have one question what was wrong with the "old" supra?

Other than that this should be interesting to watch.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
There was a lot more rust on the white car than I wanted to deal with. And the owner of Englishtown Raceway kind of gave the blue one to me. And there's not enough space to keep both, so one had to go. The blue one looked like it was in better shape, so we kept that one and threw out the other one after we tried to give it away.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I actually kind of wanted a targa. It's going to be fully caged and I would cut out a lot of the extra bracing, so the weight wouldn't even be an issue. And it's just fun driving around in the street in a targa/vert car with a cage in it. But I'll probably just do an S13 or FC vert with a cage instead.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Well, me personally I don't think I'll be cutting any bracing away on mine so I'm probably better off w/ a hardtop for drag racing. I already have a Targa shell sitting in my garage for something like that!

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
But since my brother forgot, here's some pics of the white car before it got stripped and pretty much what we're working from.

The blue one will be a little different, I'm going to pick the least ugly body kit for the car and it will be all one color. The car will look nice and clean at least until we start crashing it into stuff, but what funs are cars if you aren't trying to break them.

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

DSC00754.JPG

DSC00698.JPG

And the suspension setup on the car:

DSC00291.JPG

DSC00303.JPG

So now it's time to finish collecting parts and get everything together. There's still some big stuff to buy and then a lot of small stuff and then a lot of work, but it won't be too bad.

Tim

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Thanks guys. And it's not really like it's a new project, we were just replacing one of the parts of the car, granted it's a big part and everything attaches to it. But we really aren't doing any more work than we would've done if the white chassis wasn't rusty.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Wiisass;1056102 said:
Thanks guys. And it's not really like it's a new project, we were just replacing one of the parts of the car, granted it's a big part and everything attaches to it. But we really aren't doing any more work than we would've done if the white chassis wasn't rusty.

Can I call this one the blue panda?:biglaugh:

racerpage

Supra Drifter
Jun 15, 2007
Baltimore,Md
What?Tim, since you are not using your coil over setup right now, can I use them for the 25th, LOL! What are you doing with the 7mge in the blue car?