Whoah! When did Greenman get a Supra...

kjj512

May 27, 2006
PA
racerpage;1056535 said:
What? Tim, since you are not using your coil over setup right now, can I use them for the 25th, LOL! What are you doing with the 7mge in the blue car?

We do not have the coilovers now they are still let out so unless Tim gets in touch with the guy who has them it looks like you will be running on your own suspension Wednesday. Sorry Rob.

As for the 7mge its apparently broken in some way or another. We are not sure whats wrong with it but we will be finding out soon. The plans for it include trying to sell it for a week and if it doesn't go its off to the scrap yard.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Rob, like Kevin said, my suspension setup is actually being tested by Leigh out in Chicago. I'm putting together a Koni setup for him and it was taking longer than expected, so he's using the Bilstein prototype setup until the Koni stuff comes in.

But if they were here, I would definitely let you use them. Are you definitely coming up?

racerpage

Supra Drifter
Jun 15, 2007
Baltimore,Md
Wiisass;1056588 said:
Rob, like Kevin said, my suspension setup is actually being tested by Leigh out in Chicago. I'm putting together a Koni setup for him and it was taking longer than expected, so he's using the Bilstein prototype setup until the Koni stuff comes in.

But if they were here, I would definitely let you use them. Are you definitely coming up?

Finally the planets have aligned and the car is done! Well, good enough to go drifting anyway. Should be interesting, motor is tapping from the cams needing shimmed. 1st time driving anywhere. I will be just shaking the car down. My suspension sucks, it's just way to high in the rear. Put the rack spacers in the other day, a huge difference. Coming up with Max Helstern, the guy with the IS300. Posted some updated pics on Clubloose.com.

racerpage

Supra Drifter
Jun 15, 2007
Baltimore,Md
kjj512;1056549 said:
We do not have the coilovers now they are still let out so unless Tim gets in touch with the guy who has them it looks like you will be running on your own suspension Wednesday. Sorry Rob.

As for the 7mge its apparently broken in some way or another. We are not sure whats wrong with it but we will be finding out soon. The plans for it include trying to sell it for a week and if it doesn't go its off to the scrap yard.

Well before the 7m goes to the salvage yard let me know. I never have enough parts.

kjj512

May 27, 2006
PA
racerpage;1057480 said:
Well before the 7m goes to the salvage yard let me know. I never have enough parts.

Ok will do, and I wish I could be at a place where I never had enough parts. Tragically, We can only keep so many before we run out of places to actually work on cars rather then store parts of them.

racerpage

Supra Drifter
Jun 15, 2007
Baltimore,Md
kjj512;1057576 said:
Ok will do, and I wish I could be at a place where I never had enough parts. Tragically, We can only keep so many before we run out of places to actually work on cars rather then store parts of them.

Let me know! You guys need a shop with some square footage. Your work is amazing! My car ran awesome on the 25th. Blew the plug wires off the coils one run when the motor torqued over . Tim saw the huge smile on my face after the first run.

kjj512

May 27, 2006
PA
racerpage;1066968 said:
Let me know! You guys need a shop with some square footage. Your work is amazing! My car ran awesome on the 25th. Blew the plug wires off the coils one run when the motor torqued over . Tim saw the huge smile on my face after the first run.

Yeah more space would be nice but thats kinda up in the air right now. Yeah I saw you killing it out there on the 25th all you need is suspension and that car would slide all day long. If you can I would suggest coming and hanging out at Englishtown on July 12th for the advanced road course day. You will definitely learn a lot from seeing the pros and asking them questions. Who knows, get your suspension done and make it to group b and you can drive the road course on August 16th. Get really good and maybe next year we can have some mkiii tandem action going on at clubloose.

Oh and sorry to disappoint you but someone is buying the engine from us, but we still have a ton of spare 7m stuff if you ever need it.

racerpage

Supra Drifter
Jun 15, 2007
Baltimore,Md
kjj512;1066980 said:
Yeah more space would be nice but thats kinda up in the air right now. Yeah I saw you killing it out there on the 25th all you need is suspension and that car would slide all day long. If you can I would suggest coming and hanging out at Englishtown on July 12th for the advanced road course day. You will definitely learn a lot from seeing the pros and asking them questions. Who knows, get your suspension done and make it to group b and you can drive the road course on August 16th. Get really good and maybe next year we can have some mkiii tandem action going on at clubloose.

Oh and sorry to disappoint you but someone is buying the engine from us, but we still have a ton of spare 7m stuff if you ever need it.
Let me know if you get the coilovers back. I would like to borrow them. I want Tim to make a Koni setup for me. I am going to Drift Nirvana in a week. I would hate to throw my money away on race springs when it would be temporary. The Eibachs are street springs, not drifty equipment. I thought I was going to get into Group B last time but spun on my last run. I was really egging Shawn on to help me get bumped up. Car has lots of torque and horsepowerbut will be selling the 7m stuff this winter. You will never guess the V8 swap I am going to do. Would like to drop the car off this winter to you guys for gussets and suspension setup while I work on the new motor setup. Tim owes me a credit for the turbo I sent him.