who here play's pool

Apr 1, 2005
WA
NashMan;1186485 said:
i just useing the tip that came with my cue

it's not to bad
i still looking for the best buttons to run but not my main concern right now since my tip is still good

and i have yet to get my jump break yet still in mail kinda woundering how the button will be like on that one i want the hard shit ever

does any one know if parditor shafts have alot of wip to them like 314 or zx2

i use a moori laminated tip and the jump/break has a phenolic. works great for me.

if your jump/break is coming with a phenolic tip, then i guaranty you will love it. the phenolic stuff is rock hard. i think they are about as hard as the balls themselves. very easy to miss-cue tho. but breaks like a sledgehammer. not sure if they are legal in tourneys:dunno:.

ive only played with a predator for a few minutes. i think it had a 314 shaft. i definately prefer my OB shaft. just hits better for me. has a better feel, plus i love the look of the wooden ferrule. they are both whippy i guess. but thats the whole point of a low-deflection shaft.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I normally use house cues as it is a little easier to make money off of people when using them (aka they think you are shit, and because they own their own cue they are awesome). At home, I have a very nice table (pic when I get home) and the 4 cues that come with them. I like to use a 20 to break, and a 16 to play. When I was playing for 2-3 hours a day, I was around a 4 or 5 due to consistancy issues. I haven't played for 8 months or so, because the lounge where I play is under construction.

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
I work at Hard Times Billiards in Bellflower. I run their tournaments. I play a LOT of pool (too much sometimes) and know quite a few top notch player's. Compared to the people I see down at Hard Times on the tourney side, I'm a half decent player only. I shoot with an Al Romero Custom Cue, 60" length, 19.3 oz non adjustable. And break with another Al Romero Custom Cue, 59.5" length, 18.9oz, 3 piece Jump Break with a Phenolic tip. I've got a lot of cues I don't need, but that's nothing compared to a friend of mine (who's collection easily exceeds $15,000 in value). My consistency level on an ABC scale is about B-. A guy who taught me a lot about pool was Dave Hemmah. Link: http://www.azbilliards.com/thepros/2000showplayer2008.php?playernum=569

Some player's I've had the honor of meeting was Mika Immonen, Louis Ulrich, Ga-Young Kim, Robin Bell Dodson, Earl Strickland, Johnny Archer, Ernesto Dominugez and his son Oscar, Raj Hundal, Rodney Morris, Mike Sigel, Efren Reyes, Francisco Bustamante, Jose Parica, Ronato Alcano, and Dennis Orcullo. Really, they're very approachable people, and with the exception of the pearl and the mouth, are generally respectable, good natured people.

Predator shafts are a 10 piece splice design with an air pocket inside the shaft that minimizes what people call deflection. I used to shoot with Predators, but the 314-2 and Z-2 shaft production has moved to China. I've sinced moved away from them and to a standard shaft. The new ones have a bigger air pocket and everest laminated tips. A friend of mine who's a cuemaker (AP Cues, look him up in the bluebook of cues if you have one) once did custom ringwork for 3 shafts for Max Eberle (lesser known local socal pro), 2 of them were pre-warped for him. Predators are NOT whippy in my opinion. They hit stiffer than my standard shaft, although they are devoid of nearly all feedback. A Meucci is whippy. The OB-1 shaft is similar in stiffness to predator, but is softened by the layered wooden ferrule.

If anyone is in Bellflower, come down and hit a few racks. I'm there for Sunday and Thursday Tourney, and most other days of the week too... Oscar Dominguez just beat my friend Sy Nakashima last night in the Sunday tournament in a real good match, I wish I taped it. Sorry, I wax idiotic about pool....

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i just gettign used to playing with wippy cue more feed back i i remmber when i used my duff i find i had strighter shot but all ways put to much draw ect no feed back

i guess it give or take