who here play's pool

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i used to play but i started back up

and boy did it start bad since i swaped ot diffetn pair of glasses i now have to be stand up player

so it's change so i figured out my issue and i can play well again

any who who here plays pool and what cue do you run

i own these

http://www.cuestore.ca/pool_cues/lucasi/two_series/1/le18

http://www.cuestore.ca/pool_cues/lucasi/one_series/1/l2000jb

all so have an old school duffrin 8 ball cue

i wan thinking on getting a Predator 314 shaft but i not sure yet

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
I used to play for hours every day. I have a cheap adjustable weight cue that I leave set at 19 oz. I like to use 21 oz cues to break. Never got into trick shots or anything crazy like that. How about yourself?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i have a table in my house, we have like... 8 different sticks. ranging in weight, and varying a little in length. my dad i consider to be really good, he can make shots that i cant even think of half the time. i'll bet him on the 8 ball that he cant make a shot... and he pulls through every time.

i've had friends over a few times to play, but i enjoy playing with my dad much more. its actually a real game.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I used to play for hours every day after I got of school. Now it's kind of rare that I play, and takes a bit for it to come back to me. I played last night with some friends, and after the 1st game I started shooting pretty good, was running 4-5 balls at a time at some points.

Of course, it always helps me when I can distract my opponent too :)

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
I have a pool table in the basement of my house. Don't play on it much. Used to go to the pool halls all the time. I suck at it but I play everyonce in a while. I don't own any particular cues; just old house cues.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I used to play a lot and I've won several eight ball and nine ball tournaments. I'm old now and my hand eye coordination is probably gone, so I probably couldn't play for more than five or ten dollars a game now..........:evil2:

I also used to play in a dart tournament every monday and pool tournament every thursday. Of course this was before I got married and had to start wearing an ankle bracelet............:biglaugh:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
MkIII_Jeff;1185769 said:
I used to play for hours every day. I have a cheap adjustable weight cue that I leave set at 19 oz. I like to use 21 oz cues to break. Never got into trick shots or anything crazy like that. How about yourself?

i working on my english alot latly but got jump's down pretty good now the hall hate's it if you do it all the time cause nob's will kill the felt and wreck cue's

ps and i am nto talking about scooping

i use 20 for the playing cue
i use 19 for breaking cause lighter cue for breaking is far better think on how fast you can move 2x4 not very fast

most pro's use 16 to 18 once cues to break as logn as there stiff and not wippy cue

Rennat;1185775 said:
i have a table in my house, we have like... 8 different sticks. ranging in weight, and varying a little in length. my dad i consider to be really good, he can make shots that i cant even think of half the time. i'll bet him on the 8 ball that he cant make a shot... and he pulls through every time.

i've had friends over a few times to play, but i enjoy playing with my dad much more. its actually a real game.

i have friend like your dad he all way button hooks me all the flippin time and is pretty good ctep he can't play right now cause of his back

Tanya;1185784 said:
I used to play for hours every day after I got of school. Now it's kind of rare that I play, and takes a bit for it to come back to me. I played last night with some friends, and after the 1st game I started shooting pretty good, was running 4-5 balls at a time at some points.

Of course, it always helps me when I can distract my opponent too :)

i call that cheating lol

suprahero;1185884 said:
I used to play a lot and I've won several eight ball and nine ball tournaments. I'm old now and my hand eye coordination is probably gone, so I probably couldn't play for more than five or ten dollars a game now..........:evil2:

I also used to play in a dart tournament every monday and pool tournament every thursday. Of course this was before I got married and had to start wearing an ankle bracelet............:biglaugh:

cool if i lived near you i drag you out lol then get beaton but that is fine

ps guys what cues do you guys run i can't be the only person with there own cue

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I use a McDermott when I play, but I haven't played in a while. I do like to play, I just never take the time anymore. My brother has a three thousand dollar pool table in his house and he only lives about four minutes from me, three if I drive the supra..........:biglaugh:

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
I'm now starting off. Don't yet know about the differnt types of cues etc. But learning and actually doing good for a rookie.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
i have a Fury jump/break. 18.
cuesight_2029_3046537

and a Lucasi 308. 19 i think. i also have an OB-1 shaft.
large_Partial-001.jpg

i cant find a pic of the Lucasi.

lighter is deffinately better for breaking! but the most important thing in a break cue is a super hard tip.

for a playing cue, i feel the most important thing is a high quality tip that is properly shaped. then a good quality shaft. and least important is the butt (as long as its comfortable in your hand.)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
screaminglemon;1186289 said:
i have a Fury jump/break. 18.
cuesight_2029_3046537

and a Lucasi 308. 19 i think. i also have an OB-1 shaft.
large_Partial-001.jpg

i cant find a pic of the Lucasi.

lighter is deffinately better for breaking! but the most important thing in a break cue is a super hard tip.

for a playing cue, i feel the most important thing is a high quality tip that is properly shaped. then a good quality shaft. and least important is the butt (as long as its comfortable in your hand.)

i just useing the tip that came with my cue

it's not to bad
i still looking for the best buttons to run but not my main concern right now since my tip is still good

and i have yet to get my jump break yet still in mail kinda woundering how the button will be like on that one i want the hard shit ever

does any one know if parditor shafts have alot of wip to them like 314 or zx2

suprahero;1186092 said:
I use a McDermott when I play, but I haven't played in a while. I do like to play, I just never take the time anymore. My brother has a three thousand dollar pool table in his house and he only lives about four minutes from me, three if I drive the supra..........:biglaugh:

doesn't all thsi pool talk make yae wana blow all that dust off the old case and play

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It does, but my brother is a little better than I am, and I don't like to lose at anything. The last time I was over there, I actually beat him like sixteen to ten in nine ball but most of the time he'll beat me more than I beat him. It is his table after all.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
tricky is what yae got to get playen

my fav to do it crack the joint on peopel so they get shit shot
the drunker they get the more you can un screw it lol

oh the mother of them all on fuzzy felt take you finger press line in the cloth near the pocket most of the time the ball will fallow it

lol

or get the other person drunk

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
lol that mean you must have Michael jackson's nuts one white one black

or piss off some girl

Last edited:

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
buckshotglass;1186665 said:
Does pocket pool count? I use my own cue.

LOL.

wow thats good... that one was coming and it was totally necessary. :icon_bigg

i use a blaze VR-2
I played alot at my dads friends pool hall but it closed down on nov 17th.. :cry:

i like to play.. just got to find a new place to play at