Who did this widebody photoshop?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I'm going to confidently say that Wiisass can probably make a better custom coilover for your application than TIEN's off the shelf parts can. I've done alot of reading of what others run; megan, tien, HKS, greedy, ect, ect... and the unfortunate truth is that off the shelf suspension doesn't have the design behind them for your particular application. The spring rates aren't going to be prime, the dampening (although adjustable on most coilovers) is hard to tune in if you have 56 adjustments... because of those however many adjustments, only 1, 2, or 3 of the increments will match your car's weight vs the spring rate of the springs.

HKS coils are 2300US, if I recall? TEIN (the good ones) with EDFC are about the same. IIRC, the EDFC only changes the dampening rate on the fly... and going back to the previous point, only a few incriments are prime for your car anyway. Why pile all that cash into something that sounds great in theory, but doesn't really deliver? Changing the dampening without changing the spring rate is an unbalanced adjustment, as I have been led to believe.

It's worth a PM over to Wisass to see what he charges for his services, anyway. As long as his setup can adjust the ride hieght, I'd rather have suspension that I can set and forget.

Sorry for getting way off topic.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Anyone ever try rolling a baseballbat to widen lip on supra ? ive done a few in my time but not on supra... Torch ,old tire and wheel and bat... Load trunk up with weight and go...Id bet you could get a inch or more easy with some patiants.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
A baseball bat? That sounds kinda of... um... cheap. Don't get me wrong, I like inexpensive, but can you actually get decent results with a baseball bat?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Neodeuccio;1288557 said:
A baseball bat? That sounds kinda of... um... cheap. Don't get me wrong, I like inexpensive, but can you actually get decent results with a baseball bat?

If you know what you are doing, it actually comes out fine rolling your fenders that way. I dont know about pulling them though.