Who did this widebody photoshop?

Steini

Dec 6, 2007
Ulm, Germany
Hi,
I`m just planning on a widebody and i found this pic:

Does someone know who did this photoshop? Maybe he can change a few things or tell me how to do...

This thing is really close to my plans, but not at all...

Thanks

Julian

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
batmobile?
2002-markshields.com-1989-keaton-batmobile-replica-DSC01309.jpg

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
it would be pretty bad ass if someone could transform the MKIII into the .. batmobile. I'm sure its possible!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
JASONA70;1286686 said:
it would be pretty bad ass if someone could transform the MKIII into the .. batmobile. I'm sure its possible!

Or just use a corvette since it has been already done ;)

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Since we're on the topic...
I've see a few cars with wide body setups that are absolutely beautiful. Tekdues' Project Cherry is probably the nicest I've seen, but my question is this: does anyone make a wide-body kit that doesn't require extensive body work to install? I would think someone would offer this, but I haven't had any luck finding one.

Any thoughts?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Neodeuccio;1286977 said:
Since we're on the topic...
I've see a few cars with wide body setups that are absolutely beautiful. Tekdues' Project Cherry is probably the nicest I've seen, but my question is this: does anyone make a wide-body kit that doesn't require extensive body work to install? I would think someone would offer this, but I haven't had any luck finding one.

Any thoughts?

Because of the way the rear fenders are designed on the MkIII (and most cars for that matter), you're forced to put some sort of cover onto the sheet metal of the fender... thus, where most of your costs come from: blending, filling, sanding, prepping, and painting.

Also, most (if not all) MA70's (MkIII's with a 7M) are widebody already. This is a consideration if you're taking a factory widebody and making it wider because of the way the body lines are going flow between the back of the door and the substantially wider fender.

Tekdues's widebody does a good job of hiding the effect with very nice body work and a great paintjob... but if you look closely, you can see how the body panel between the rear wheels and the back of the door is very steep to take up this difference. Randy did an amazing job to make such a difficult situation look that good.

The front is easy, just throw on some new fenders, S2 for instance, are readily available from Japan.

IMHO, you have to ask yourself what your intentions are... do you want wideass tires or the widebody look complete with low offset rims? If you want wide rubber, rolling and pulling the fenders could stuff 265 front and 295 rear tires with alot of work and the right offsets. Godfather style overfenders could get you even more. If you want the look and low offset rims, then you're looking at serious coin to get it to look good.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Before you read this, I'd like to ask you all please not to tell me what I want to do isn't possible, or that I'm insane, or that it's gonna cost too much... I've heard all of this before, and it doesn't change anything...

Mostly I'm just interested in getting as much tire as physically possible under the car. My goals for the car (extremely long term) are to get upwards of 700whp, so I'm gonna need all the rubber I can get. 295's will do if I have to, but I'm hoping to find a way to squeeze 315's or (how cool would this be...) 335's if God will allow it. Yes, I know it's nuts. But we all do stupid things, I'm just planning mine instead of being stupid on the fly.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
tekdeus stretched his front fenders by cutting and welding, and it came out looking damn fine

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
If i'm not mistaken that picture in the first post isn't a photoshop. It's actually a 3D model, and somehow i think that someone on SF made that once... just can't remember who anymore.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Neodeuccio;1287852 said:
Before you read this, I'd like to ask you all please not to tell me what I want to do isn't possible, or that I'm insane, or that it's gonna cost too much... I've heard all of this before, and it doesn't change anything...

Mostly I'm just interested in getting as much tire as physically possible under the car. My goals for the car (extremely long term) are to get upwards of 700whp, so I'm gonna need all the rubber I can get. 295's will do if I have to, but I'm hoping to find a way to squeeze 315's or (how cool would this be...) 335's if God will allow it. Yes, I know it's nuts. But we all do stupid things, I'm just planning mine instead of being stupid on the fly.
Actually, you're not off your rocker at all. 315s have been done with the right offset wheels and some fender pulling, no major mods required. I'd be surprised if Tekedus's widebody wouldn't accept a 375-380 width on the right wheels.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
GrimJack;1288021 said:
Actually, you're not off your rocker at all. 315s have been done with the right offset wheels and some fender pulling, no major mods required. I'd be surprised if Tekedus's widebody wouldn't accept a 375-380 width on the right wheels.

375's would completely make my day. Hell, that would make my year!
But Tekedus built his setup by hand, and there's no way in HELL that I have the skill to do what he did. His car is beautiful, and I'd love to do something similar, but I just don't have the know-how.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Neodeuccio;1287852 said:

Naw man, you're far less crazy than I am, don't worry about that.

Just remember that managing traction perpendicular to the direction of rotation (i.e. forward/reverse... acceleration/braking) is influenced by the width/height ratio of the tire, which (I think) is because the right ratio allows the tire to flex and deform along the axis parallel to the ground in the direction of travel. This lets the tread patch stay in contact with the pavement under greater inertial loading than if the tread patch was rigidly attached to the tire (via a very short sidewall).

In english, 375/20R19's will probably get you about the same traction as a 295/55/15. That's not to say getting wider tires won't help your ability to put down power, it does... but there's deminishing returns involved. Tire width alone plays a larger role in lateral control (i.e. handling corners). Notice that top fuel dragsters have HUGE tires with a ton of sidewall? That's for the width/height ratio...

I think IJ commented that he liked the driving characteristics of his 17" rims over the 18" rims he switched to.

To manage cost and down time, I'm planning to pull the shit out of my fenders and roll the shit out of my fenders and stuff the biggest tires that will fit under them. Hopefully I'll be able to fit 265/295 or more under the front/rear, depending on what tire sizes are available for a 17" rim. Burning 5 grand or more doing a widebody is not a wise investement for only traction. Spending that money on suspension would probably do much more good than stuffing 345's.

On that note, Tekdues did mention 345 was about as wide as he could easily go.

Last edited:

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Keros;1288059 said:
Naw man, you're far less crazy than I am, don't worry about that.

Just remember that managing traction perpendicular to the direction of rotation (i.e. forward/reverse... acceleration/braking) is influenced by the width/height ratio of the tire, which (I think) is because the right ratio allows the tire to flex and deform along the axis parallel to the ground in the direction of travel. This lets the tread patch stay in contact with the pavement under greater inertial loading than if the tread patch was rigidly attached to the tire (via a very short sidewall).

In english, 375/20R19's will probably get you about the same traction as a 295/55/15. That's not to say getting wider tires won't help your ability to put down power, it does... but there's deminishing returns involved. Tire width alone plays a larger roll in lateral control (i.e. handling corners). Notice that top fuel dragsters have HUGE tires with a ton of sidewall? That's for the width/height ratio...

I think IJ commented that he liked the driving characteristics of his 17" rims over the 18" rims he switched to.

To manage cost and down time, I'm planning to pull the shit out of my fenders and roll the shit out of my fenders and stuff the biggest tires that will fit under them. Hopefully I'll be able to fit 265/295 or more under the front/rear, depending on what tire sizes are available for a 17" rim. Burning 5 grand or more doing a widebody is not a wise investement for only traction. Spending that money on suspension would probably do much more good than stuffing 345's.

On that note, Tekdues did mention 345 was about as wide as he could easily go.

I agree 100%, and applaud your knowledge and ability to apply it!
Yes, suspension is critical. I haven't come to a complete decision yet, though right now the plan is a set of Tein coilovers with the EDFC system. (so pretty...) But I do love the look of wide ass tires, and I'm planning on spending more time in corners and less on the drag strip, so for me, mo-wider = mo-better!

Thanks for the info!