white smoke out of the intake..

mkIII213

Oct 28, 2007
Dallas, Tx
cuel;915121 said:
Are you sure you have the firing order right? It should be 1-5-3-6-2-4, counterclockwise.

The top pic here: http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=IG&P=4

Would also like to know where the smoke is coming from, as asked above.

1-5-3-6-2-4 clockwise. Yeah, i triple checked all of that. Something is obviously wrong, its kinda frustrating that I haven't been able to figure it out yet.:icon_sad:

ok just a guess....my distributor didn't really have a mark...so do a test for me....

Put it back in top dead center

Then pull out the distributor(That was set to the mark)

Turn it 180(1/2 of a complete turn) Degrees from the mark you have. stick it back in and try.

If that doesn't work then try 90(1/4 of a complete turn) Degrees from your mark...

if not the 270(3/4 of a complete turn) degrees from your mark

Let me know your results...my distributor kinda had a mark but i just had to play with it until it worked....

jetjock;915680 said:
^ Me thinks you need glasses ;)

Actually i do, but I'm near-sighted;]

But seriously, there was not mark on my distributor....just a hole in the pillar of the distributor that goes into the engine. So i'm just guessing...everything else has been done to his car and my car did it when it was 180 out time...so it's worth a shot no?:naughty:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
jetjock;915808 said:
Lmao. AJ, you're a weak man :)

A GTE will but on a GE the AFM fuel pump switch alone would prevent it...

Yeah I know, just couldn't hold it in any longer, although me thinks some still havn't got it:biglaugh:

mkIII213

Oct 28, 2007
Dallas, Tx
AJ'S 88NA;915835 said:
Yeah I know, just couldn't hold it in any longer, although me thinks some still havn't got it:biglaugh:

Sounds good guys. I tried starting it up again this morning and it didn't back fire or anything of that sort at all. So thats a plus. I will try and figure out why its not turning over though and get back to you guys if I need any further assistance. I appreciate it. Youre a gentleman and a scholar! ::salute::

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Yep, what we have going on here is a forest for the trees thing. Or maybe it's worse than that. Maybe it's a Scarecrow thing. You know: Dorothy, Kansas, Toto...;)

BlackDy, lemme help you out here. The guy may indeed have other problems. At this point we really don't know. What we do know (some of us at least) is it appears he's trying to run the engine with the TB open to the outside world. That means no air is getting sucked through the AFM. No air means no load signal to the ECU and no vane movement to close the fuel pump switch.

mkIII213

Oct 28, 2007
Dallas, Tx
mkIII213;915850 said:
Sounds good guys. I tried starting it up again this morning and it didn't back fire or anything of that sort at all. So thats a plus. I will try and figure out why its not turning over though and get back to you guys if I need any further assistance. I appreciate it. Youre a gentleman and a scholar! ::salute::

Idk why the hell I just saluted yall lol

mkIII213

Oct 28, 2007
Dallas, Tx
BlackDynamite;915669 said:
Ok whats the history on the car?

Has it been rebuilt, head gasket replaced?

You're trying to start it now, so has it recently stopped working or did you buy it broke?

BHG job, just trying to start her back up for the first time after replacing it.

mkIII213

Oct 28, 2007
Dallas, Tx
jetjock;915854 said:
Yep, what we have going on here is a forest for the trees thing. Or maybe it's worse than that. Maybe it's a Scarecrow thing. You know: Dorothy, Kansas, Toto...;)

BlackDy, lemme help you out here. The guy may indeed have other problems. At this point we really don't know. What we do know (some of us at least) is it appears he's trying to run the engine with the TB open to the outside world. That means no air is getting sucked through the AFM. No air means no load signal to the ECU and no vane movement to close the fuel pump switch.

Im still learning big guy, its my first supra and Im learning as I go....That explains why i can smell gas through the TB after tryin to start it. thanks..

jetjock;915854 said:

OH well i know that about the fuel pump......

Though i guess i just assumed he had the intake hooked up and it was backfiring in the intake....then when he went to investigate white smoke came out....i'll just keep shush:sarcasm: