which turbo? Boss CT4 67 or GT35R?

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
suprafanatic;1369608 said:
is there a site i can go to to look at these billet turbos? also i dont know anything about the quick spool set up. how does that work?

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/Sound_Performance_Quick_Spool_Valve/3643

I, too was interested in what this "Quick Spool Valve" was, so I searched it, and found the link above in tekdeus' thread, first post.;)

Now I understand!:biglaugh:

Would need T3, T4, or "T6" mount setup, with a couple other considerations...

-crisp

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
hey now be nice.. lol. i just want to make sure i get the right turbo.. i really know nothing about the sp67 other than what you've told me. i was just curious if anyone has used it or anything like that.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
:beer:I'm sure an exact, direct comparison is coming (if thats even possible) soon enough for the billet vs "regular" turbos for you nonbelievers.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
MRSUPRA;1371640 said:
:beer:I'm sure an exact, direct comparison is coming (if thats even possible) soon enough for the billet vs "regular" turbos for you nonbelievers.

This is getting tedious....

I'm NOT a "non believer" I would just like a direct comparison and NOT the word of a shop that's trying to sell product and don't be offended but also the word of some random guy on the internet I don't know, for all I know you could be some 15 year old pimple farm that watches too much Initial D, so forgive me if I don't rush out and drop the better part of 3K AUD on your say so.....

"IF" it's actually so much better I would buy one as I like shiny new things.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
/\I am not trying to convince you or anyone else to get a billet turbo. But from the info I have seen, they are the real deal. You do not have to believe me, I'm just an average (MK3) supra owner who has been doing some research on the new PT Billet turbos. All I am suggesting (for whom ever is interested) is go to the dyno section on SupraForums and read up on what people are experiencing with the new billet turbos. Lots of good info over there.

And I do not believe someone like Larry from SoundPerformance is biased when he sells plenty of regular cast turbos too.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
enough with the argument about the billet turbos. So someone on here that knows a good amount about the SP67 and the GT4088 help me compare the two turbos. Iv heard the GT4088 will have a slower spool than the SP67. but thats about the only difference i know between the two. Also which turbo is larger, the SP67 or the GT40? I know the GT4088 has a compressor A/R of .72, does anyone know what size A/R the SP67 is?