where to get tripple plate flywheel?

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
um, all over the place. this thread is for a 7.25in clutch. tilton, quartermaster, sonic and tons of others make the twin and tripple 7.25in clutches. iirc with the r154 you cant use a tripple. too thick. im using a t56 so hopefully i got enough room for the internal slave cylinder. the flywheel im guessin will be $300-400 by itself, then whatever it costs for the slave cylinder. they make them dif depths and diameters so ill have to wait for the flywheel before i can measure to see what i would need.

check this site out.

http://www.bsrproducts.com/index.php?cPath=10&sort=3a&page=5

btw, tilton used to make the flywheel needed for the 7.25in clutch out of aluminum. called them, they said titan buys every supra flywheel they make, called titan and the 7m flywheel is discontinued, they wont reproduce uness they can get 10 irders. if i thought 10 people would buy one id tell them to do a group buy, but since i highly doubt 10 people would seriously pony up the cash, im getting a 1 off from quatermaster made of steel(my preference, dont want the whole setup too light)

also, i ot my tripple used on ebay for like $130, i plan to buy new discs. its $170 for the 3 pack of organic discs i want to use. since i have a t56 its an off the shelf part. so $300 + the flywheel and the internal slave setup. should total less then $1k

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
williamb82 said:
um, all over the place. this thread is for a 7.25in clutch. tilton, quartermaster, sonic and tons of others make the twin and tripple 7.25in clutches. iirc with the r154 you cant use a tripple. too thick. im using a t56 so hopefully i got enough room for the internal slave cylinder. the flywheel im guessin will be $300-400 by itself, then whatever it costs for the slave cylinder. they make them dif depths and diameters so ill have to wait for the flywheel before i can measure to see what i would need.

check this site out.

http://www.bsrproducts.com/index.php?cPath=10&sort=3a&page=5

btw, tilton used to make the flywheel needed for the 7.25in clutch out of aluminum. called them, they said titan buys every supra flywheel they make, called titan and the 7m flywheel is discontinued, they wont reproduce uness they can get 10 irders. if i thought 10 people would buy one id tell them to do a group buy, but since i highly doubt 10 people would seriously pony up the cash, im getting a 1 off from quatermaster made of steel(my preference, dont want the whole setup too light)

also, i ot my tripple used on ebay for like $130, i plan to buy new discs. its $170 for the 3 pack of organic discs i want to use. since i have a t56 its an off the shelf part. so $300 + the flywheel and the internal slave setup. should total less then $1k
i see i thought the jump went from a single to 2500+ setup

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
just got off the phone with quartermaster. said they can make the 7.25in steel flywheel for ~$270.00. im going to ship them a stock flywheel to get he bolt pattern from and he said they will drill it from a chevy blank. he said he will keep the pattern on file so whoever wants to order one can. he said ill have to order through one of his distributors though. ill let everyone what distributor and part number etc... when i have the info.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
I don't know if there's more room with the t56 but there is enough room in the r154 for a triple, the tilton at least. You also have to have the clutch sent if the people making the flywheel is doing this for the first time for this setup. Some clutches may require a "step" and some may not, depending on which one you have. I know Taylor racing in Texas can modify a stock flywheel for your application, they did mine and Nate's. Both were for the triple carbon. If I just repeated what had been discussed here, I apologize because I didn't read through the whole thread.

463369_18_full.jpg

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
well, the 7.25in from quartermaster and tilton require a step type flywheel. the one i have requires the step. their flywheel is for chevy v8's and uses this clutch. he will just pull a "blank" that hasnt had the center drilled yet and drill it for the 7m. and ill use a auto flexplate for the ring gear. itll bolt between the flywheel and the crank. mine is easy as the gm spline discs are off the shelf for the t56. now people wanting r154 discs would prolly have to pay more as it isnt off the shelf. idk, havent looked into it. next thing after my flywheel i need to find an apropriate slave cylinder. cant do that till i have everything else to bolt up and get measurements from.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
i dont need a whole kit. ust the flywheel. i can get it new from quartermaster for $270ish. already talked to them. just got to send them the stock flywheel to get the pattern from. havent done it yet. replaced a 7mgte in my 84 with one i grabbed at the junkyard.