Where is your favourite place to eat?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
hvyman;1718116 said:
Baby blues bbq in venice,ca (was on diners, drive ins, and dives)
Trust me, that guy knows the good stuff. See my post at the bottom...

Jeff Lange;1718147 said:
I had a Five Guys burger a couple days ago. I won't eat anywhere we have here, haha.
That's always been my rule when going out of town. Not hard to do when you live in a small area though haha...

Zerocool;1718159 said:
If you make it to Arizona, or phoenix area in general serrano's and macayo's has great southwestern mexican food.
Macayo's does indeed kick ass. However, it seems you're passing between Roswell and Vegas, I'm guessing you're going to be taking the I40 through? If so, I IMPLORE YOU to take a short trip down the I-17 and stop at a place in northern Phoenix called Chino Bandido.

http://chinobandido.com/

The food there is yummy to the point that I had some shipped NEXT DAY AIR 1000 miles to me up here so I could cook it up at home for my birthday one year. Any time I go down to AZ now, I have to take a cooler with me and bring back Chinos for all my friends up here... It's that good. I recommend the Jerk Chicken, and if you're lucky, they'll have Volcano Cookies. This place was also on Diners Drive Ins and Dives, and for a DAMN good reason.

Man... now I want some Chinos. :nono:

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
www.chima.cc best restaurant I've been to. Brazilian steakhouse, they walk around with perfect cuts of perfectly cooked meat, and give you whatever/however much you want. steak, bacon wrapped chicken, swordfish, they have it all. not cheap of course, but if you are ever in Ft Lauderdale, definitely the place to stop.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
When you're in this area hit me up Jeff, there's a killer mexican restaraunt just down the street from me just off the I-5. I'm only an hour south of the B.C. border, if you want to crash at my place you're more than welcome to. I have a very comfy futon and plenty of parking for extremely low cars in my driveway.

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Setheroo;1718538 said:
Memphis, TN - You have got to hit up either Rendezvous or Central BBQ

That is really all you need to know as far as Memphis is concerned... I ate til I could no longer move at both of those establishments.

I will second his approval for Rendezvous. It is delicious. And as for San Fransisco if you go to fisherman's wharf, there is a lot of good stuff to see and eat.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Chino is mexican slang for asian person.

I think i saw that episode. Its asian styled mexican food or something like that. LOoked delicios. That show is too good and makes me want to go get food after watching it.

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
Seattle area spots a couple come to mind....

El Gaucho (Hi end Steak House.)
Dick's Drive-In (Good ole' fashioned Gut-bomb burgers !!!)
Pyramid Ale House Brewery and Restaurant right next to Safeco Field...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1718541 said:
Ok, wtf is a chino? Yes, I Googled, and it didn't return anything useful.

Hvyman hit the nail on the head. It's a bit of a mix of asian, mexican, caribbean, etc... the website has better info (and pictures/descriptions of the food!), check it out. :)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Baby blues.
baby back 1/2 rack with the best mac and cheese ever, mash, and this delicious sort of spicy cornbread. 25$ with tip and it looks like im about to have a baby my belly is so big.

p1720941_1.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I live just west of Fort Worth a few minutes in Weatherford. I know the Dublin area very well and have enjoyed a many Dublin Dr. Pepper. For those of you wondering what's special about it is that it's made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar and not a corn syrup sweetner.

Stephenville Texas is about 10 miles up US 377 from Dublin on the way to Fort Worth. Home of Tarleton State University and a location for Hard Eight BBQ. I have not eaten there yet but people fly into Stephenville to eat there. It's also the home of Ty Murray and his wife, Jewel, the singer. It's the heart of Texas and nothing but pure country. I love it down there.

http://www.hardeightbbq.com/?page_id=7

A buddy of mine has a small airplane and we plan on doing that soon. I hear it's terrific BBQ. My favorite place to eat in Fort Worth is Pappadeaux's Seafood Kitchen. It's an upscale chain restaraunt serving cajun style seafood. You've probably got one around you somewhere so it may not be anything special.

Have fun on your trip!

Ken

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Oh. I see! Don't come to the East coast right?! ;)

Haven't been to Chima yet. I hear mixed reviews about them. Foga de Chao (also a Brazilian Steak house) is nice! I went to the one in Philly and in DC and both were phenomenal!!

Well if you ever do come to Philadelphia:

Yakitori boi or Shogun(sushi)
Maggiano's or Upstairs at Varalli's (italian)
Fat Jacks or Sweet Lucy's (BBQ)
Of course if you come to Philly, you can't leave without a cheesesteak!! (Tony Luke's, Pat's King of Steaks, Geno's, Wit or witout, my favorite is chinks!)

There's really too much to list but I gotta go now cause this just made me extremely hungry!!!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
^I just ate and you made ME hungry... Man, I'm almost jealous of you guys back east, getting fat has to be easy when the food is that good! :D

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
when in memphis, check out marlow's. its just off graceland. Stay in a motel, and they will send a pink caddy limo for you. Not bbq, but a steak the size of a large dinner plate, and you can cut it with your fork. When driving through Little Rock, just east of town there is a group of truck stops just before the loop. take the service road just east of the Petro and there will be a little shack. kick ass bbq there. (random info, my uncle owns Vernon Pesley's old house, it shares a back fence with graceland......and the whole neighborhood is a shithole, best left to daytime hours)

Texarcanna go to the Petro t/s there. There is a chain link fence that runs along the north of the parking lot. Find the break that is cut into the fence. Walk through the bushes, and you will find a little shed....best burgers ever! Get the monster. two half pound patties, bacon, fried egg, and 5-6 slices of cheese. i couldnt finish one!

When you get to tx, you are going to be tempted to try the Big Texan in Amarillo. Dont bother. Tourist trap. instead try arnold's burger. lol, just shoot me a msg when you get to that point. and if you do do the texan, try the calf fries....don't ask, just eat.

and blow in a call when you get to western oklahoma...ill take ya to dennys....violates your rule, but i havent found any local places to try yet

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Jack Stack BBQ in Kansas City, or Famous Daves in Kansas City (though it is more of a chain)...mmm never had beef ribs that good in my life:yumyum:

EDIT: Just saw your blog, looks like you already hit them up!