Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

toml

Jul 24, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
Just got confirmation that they're +38 on both front and rear so I guess the fronts will be sitting in a little -- will they rub?

Is semi-stretched the way to go for performance or should I be sticking a big beefy 265 on the back? Looking at some Toyo tyres, or Falkens..

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Front shouldn't rub at all. If it does it will be with maybe the sway bar but the bump stops should stop it before that. As for tires do what you want. I would go beefy though because it will give the car a better more flush stance. I would say 275 would be nice.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
toml;971335 said:
Everyone keeps telling me that a little stretch will handle better because of less sidewall flex, etc..

IMO, the minute improvement seen from a stretched tire would not likely exceed the performance of a properly sized, wider tire on the same rim. You can definitely hinder performance by having them too wide, but a 275 on a 9.5" wheel does not fall in that category.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
what do you guys think of these?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=18&c=1&pc=53282&rw=9.5&bp=5-114.3

tswthx.hb.xl.jpg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i guess hyper black is close to gunmetal because thats the color i was going for

it doesn't say how big the lip is but i will call to find out or something

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Not on my laptop and my external is currently packed since I'm moving. They look good on the car but I'm not a huge fan of curved spokes. (personal preference)

cool chuck

I like rims!
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
BrandonW;971580 said:
i guess hyper black is close to gunmetal because thats the color i was going for

it doesn't say how big the lip is but i will call to find out or something
The Truxton has like a 3inch lip. I like 'em too but this guy right down the street from me has them on his GTO. im actually now considering the Jarama...
jarama_silver_reg_normal_white.jpg

I'm all over the place on wheels right now but there's still some engine work I want to do.